Chapter 25

WYEAR25

The doors swung open again and they all rolled their eyes, fed up of Jennifer's pointless visits. Levi smelt the energy coming off her and she sat up straighter, watching as Jennifer walked into the cellar, flicking open a pocket knife.

"It's time for a sacrifice." The other three shared panicked looks but Levi could sense it wasn't going to be the adults.

"You mean me." Levi spat and Jennifer nodded.

"Of course little Hale, I can't have you getting strong enough to escape now, can I?" Jennifer sawed the binding in half and Levi looked at the adults as Jennifer dragged her out of the cellar.

"I promise you, none of you are going to die." They all gave her sad looks before she couldn't see them any longer.

Jennifer pulled her along covering her eyes as she did so if the sacrifice didn't go as planned, she couldn't tell anyone where the nemeton was. Levi shifted and spun around, kicking Jennifer in the stomach. The Darach went flying backwards and Levi took off, twisting and weaving her way around the forest.

She ran until she reached the other side of the forest and she realised that Jennifer had stopped chasing her. She felt light headed, realising that the mistletoe was still in her cut and the wolfsbane was finally taking its effect.

Levi fell to the ground, cutting her head on a rock as she hit the ground. She lay there for a minute, groaning in pain before she felt two strong, warm but mainly familiar hands pick her up.

"Levi, you always get yourself into danger, don't you?" She looked up to see Ethan cradling her to his chest and walking towards a familiar building.

She shrugged and winced. He told her off and she insisted he let her walk. He sat her on her feet but swung her arm over his shoulder, letting him support her as they walked towards the Vet's clinic.

Ethan and her stumbled in, Ethan placing her on the floor where she lay down, resting. He didn't ask her why.  She placed her head against the cool ground and tried to ignore the pain.

She heard them all rush out from Deaton's working space to see Ethan standing by the gate and they were not pleased. Ethan spoke up.

"I'm looking for Lydia." She walked out to stand beside Deaton at the same time as Scott, her one harsh.

"What do you want?"

"I need your help."

Stiles popped round the corner and stared at Ethan suspiciously. "With what?"

"Stopping my brother and Kali from killing Derek, and I think Levi needs Deaton's help too." They all shared confused looks before Scott realised it.

"There are two extra heartbeats here: one is Ethan's so..." He trailed off as they all heard a grunt and Deaton looked over the gate to see Levi lying on the floor.

He opened the gate and Ethan lifted her up, bringing her through to the back room and placing her on the table Deaton quickly pulled over.

"Where did you find her?" Stiles asked Ethan quickly and he shook his head.

"Just at the edge of the woods, she had been running from something." Deaton looked at the cut on her arm closely. He shook his head and they all gathered around her.

"There's mistletoe in her cut and wolfsbane marks on her wrists." He set to work with the help of them all and Ethan even helped by taking her pain away. They hurried around her, removing the mistletoe and applying Deaton's handmade cream to the wolfsbane burns.

She opened her eyes once they had finished and were packing up. She sat up with a gasp and they all turned round quickly to look at her.

"They're at the nemeton." They all nodded, they knew that already. "Jennifer, she's going to sacrifice them but not yet, she's waiting for something. She tried to sacrifice me but got away, Ethan found me. Your parents are doing okay, Allison's dad is using a high pitched thing but it's not helping." They all calmed her down and Scott helped her up.

"Ethan and I are going to warn Derek." Levi looked up at Derek's name and Scott nodded at her.

"I want to come." Lydia nodded, remembering Scott's story about how she had found out she was related to them all.

----____----

Lydia and Ethan went ahead to warn Derek, Peter and Cora while Levi made her way up to the apartment.

She reached the room in time to hear Cora.

"If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me. But do it for something meaningful." Levi pushed open the doors and walked in, raising her hand in the air.

"Reasonable point sister." She stumbled and Ethan reached to o steady her, Lydia sending her a look. Cora walked over to Ethan and helped Levi walk back to where Cora had been standing. Derek shooting Levi a confused glare.

"Jennifer took you." He stated and Levi rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, and she tried to sacrifice me but its okay, I escaped."

Derek rolled his eyes and turned back to the others. "How do you know I'm going to lose?"

"We don't but I'm sure she has an idea." Peter said, motioning to Lydia who glared at him. "Don't you Lydia?"

Levi didn't like the way he was making her uneasy and she growled.

"I don't know anything." Lydia said, kind of freaked out.

"But you feel something, don't you?" Derek jumped in and levi was thinking of ways to make them calm down.

"What do you feel?"

Lydia looked down. "I feel like I'm standing in a graveyard."

Levi let out a groan and they all turned to look at her. Derek growled at her, his eyes turning blue and she froze, looking around at the rest of the Hale's.

"Hold up, hold up. You're not an alpha, neither are you and I'm sure you were but aren't now, so does that mean I'm the only hale alpha?" The three of them glared at her and she raised her hands.

"Fine. I take it back."