Chapter 14

Ethan, Levi and Danny were walking back from ten pin bowling, Levi not actually being a third wheel. Danny had asked her before Ethan if she wanted to go bowling and she suggested that Ethan tag along – mainly because if there was an attack, two alphas were better than one.

It had been going pretty great, until Danny started taking sharp breaths and collapsed onto the pavement, with Levi and Ethan shooting each other panicked looks. They pulled him up, swinging his arms over their shoulders and Levi looked over at Ethan.

"The hospitals just round the corner!" They stumbled; using their strength and speed as best as they could, hope Danny wouldn't notice they reached the hospital in under a minute. The doors slid open and the three stumbled in, Ethan yelling frantically.

"SOMEONE! SOMEONE HELP US!" Levi noticed Scott was there and he ran across taking Danny's arm off of Levi's shoulder and putting it around his own, and a black haired woman ran over and helped them carry Danny and sit him gently into a chair. As the woman started to look at him, Scott grabbed Ethan and Levi's shoulders tightly.

"What do you do to him?" Ethan and Levi shook their heads, Levi slightly angered Scott would think that. Ethan touched her arm lightly and she took a deep breath, letting him do the talking.

"Nothing, he said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, and it just kept getting worse."

The nurse was saying something that Levi didn't understand but she did see Danny lunge forward and she knew what was going to happen before it did. She ran to his side and caught him just as he was sick all over the floor.

She looked down at the sick as did Ethan and Scott and her and Ethan met each other's eyes.

"Mistletoe." Scott looked over at the both of them, confused they knew that from just looking at it.

They got Danny onto a hospital bed and the nurse along with another nurse wheeled Danny into a room with other patients who were sick. Ethan, Scott and Levi stayed by his side much to the nurse's annoyance.

"Can you three please go back to the waiting room?" They ignored her and Levi took a deep breath, she hated the smell of hospitals.

"Where are all doctors or something?" Ethan asked panicking.

"It's a full house tonight, they're attending to other patients." Levi ran a hand through her long hair and rocked back and forth on her heels, wanting to do something but she knew there wasn't anything she could do. Not even the bite could save him and if it would, she would have no problems giving it to him.

Scott looked torn. "Okay well mum, how can we help?" Levi noticed the comparison between the nurse and Scott and realised that this was Mrs McCall.

"Honey, you can't. His lung has collapsed, his heart is being pushed into his chest cavities." Ethan, Levi and Scott froze.

"He's gonna die isn't he?" Levi gulped and her heart beat rapidly.

Mrs McCall looked at the three teens and her attitude changed. "No. No, he's not."

She pointed at Scott. "You grab the tape," she looked over at Ethan, "you grab those scissors and ct his shirt open." She looked over at Levi and shook her head.

"You just stand beside him, keep him as calm as you can." Levi nodded and the three did what she asked.

"Mrs McCall, he's not breathing." Levi panicked and Mrs McCall nodded.

"I know." She plunged her arm downwards and injected a needle into Danny's chest. She pulled a plunger a few times and Danny's breathing started back up, Levi sighing in relief.

He looked over at Mrs McCall. "Thank you."

They all sighed with relief and Levi, Ethan and Scott stared at the woman in awe and fascination. She looked p at them, confused.

"What?"

"That was awesome!" She smiled and nodded modestly, Ethan and Levi calming down. Scott left soon after while Ethan decided he would stay with Danny. Levi didn't want to intrude so she got up and left the room. She was about to leave the hospital when she saw a small girl clutching her arm and crying.

She walked over to the girl and crouched down to her height. "Hey, shhh, it's okay! What's wrong?" The little girl sobbed as she spoke to Levi.

"I can't find my mum, and my arms sore." Levi gently took the girl's arm and studied it. She could feel a fracture in the bone and she quickly made sure no one was paying too much attention.

She didn't notice Mrs McCall watching her curiously, she knew the girl was an alpha and Scott's friends and he had informed her that the alpha pack was ruthless unless it was someone they cared about. She knew Levi had never seen this girl before so it puzzled her that she was helping her.

"Let's get that fixed up." Levi placed her hand over the girls arm and felt a tight pain in her wrist as her veins turned black and she fixed girl's pain. She said goodbye to the girl, flexing her arm and walking out of sight of the girl with Mrs McCall processing what she had just seen.

Levi walked back into the room where Danny and Ethan were, she rubbed Danny's hair playfully and he smiled at her.

"You gave us a fright back there dude." She said and she leaned down and hugged him gently, Ethan shooting her a look when the hand behind his back started to have black veins. She pulled away and looked over at her pack mate.

"I'm heading home, I'll let dad know what's up." Ethan nodded and Levi left the hospital using a back exit, just to make sure she was getting home with no interference from any of the other wolves.

She walked back to the apartment block where she had discovered Allison lived too. She got into the elevator and pressed the button for penthouse, shutting her eyes for a moment and taking in the blissful silence.