Chapter 34

"I want to remember." Derek looked up from his book to stare at Levi in confusion. He raised an eyebrow and she sighed. "I want to remember everything Deucalion took from me. I want to remember you, Cora, Laura, mom, dad... everyone." She explained and Derek marked his book before crossing the room to hug her.

"Deaton. We could always ask if he knows anything that could bring them back."

//////////////////

Levi stared at Deaton cautiously. "So I can do it?"

Deaton nodded. "I've seen it a few times before, the alpha can restore both of their own and someone else's memories at the same time if it is the same ones. He remembers, you remember. Simple."

Levi looked at Derek who nodded. "I trust you." She smiled back at him and walked over to him, her hand hovering against the back of her neck. Closing her eyes, she pushed her claws gently into the back of his neck.

//////////

A ten-year-old Levi pulled on a newly turned sixteen-year-old Derek's sleeve. It was his birthday, and Levi had been told she could pick out a present for him while they were shopping.

"Derr, look!" She tugged him over to a rack of clothes, while their parents, Cora and Laura laughed at Derek's expression. Levi pointed to a black leather jacket on the rack and smiled at Derek. "I want you to have it!"

Derek laughed and picked it up, trying it on and turning to look at his younger sister. "Whatcha think? Do I look handsome?" He joked and Levi nodded.

"Prince Charming looks better though but it'll do." Derek joking faked a hurt look but ruffled her hair and turned to his parents. They nodded and he passed them the jacket, smiling at Levi the whole time.

///////////

"Levi! Get over here!" Eleven-year-old Levi jogged over to where Derek was standing in the small shop they had been in only months before where Levi had told Derek to buy the leather jacket.

"What?"

"Since it's your birthday, I want you to get this." He held out a smaller leather jacket (which was still way too big for her) and she slung it on, smiling widely up at him.

He ruffed her hair. "Perfect."

Levi removed her claws from Derek's neck, both of them now covered in sweat and breathing deeply. She remembered everything. Derek looked up at her and Levi could see that he remembered everything too. He rushed forward and grabbed the back of her neck, pulling her into a tight hug and encasing her head with his arms.

"I can't believe I forgot."

"You didn't forget Derek; you had the memories taken away. I did too."

Deaton smiled at the both of them. "I believe my work is done here."

//////////////

Levi knocked heavily on the door. The rain was running down her neck and she was soaked through to the skin, the cold temperature chilling her. The door finally swung open and Scott stood in his pyjamas staring at Levi.

He took one look at her shivering and brought her inside, yelling for Isaac. The beta poked his head out from the top of the stairs and stared at Levi worried. Scott pointed to the bathroom and Isaac got what he was getting at and fetched Levi one of the warmed towels.

Scott wrapped it around her shoulders, sat her down on the couch and held her hands while Isaac warmed up the cold pot of coffee on the counter.

Scott and Isaac could both tell that something had shocked Levi to the core. They had never seen Levi vulnerable. She always seemed rough, detached from her emotions and never really her age. She was off, shaken.