Chapter 8

Levi sat by herself on the cross-country bus. She wasn't exactly talking properly to Ethan and even if she was, he was sitting with Danny. Of course, she would have sat beside Aiden but he was a freaking idiot and had gotten himself expelled by letting Isaac and Scott get him angry just like they had been doing to them. So she was sitting in a seat by herself, but she was in front of Scott and Stiles and although she would never admit it, being around the young soon-to-be alpha made her more at ease right now.

No-one would tell her what happened last night when she wasn't allowed out with the pack but she did know there had been a fight between the packs and Ennis was dying. Kali had been hesitant to promise to update her by texting her when anything happened – and the only reason she did it hesitantly was because of Deucalion still punishing her for questioning him.

Her stomach still hadn't healed and she was furious. She was also finding it hard to stay awake in the bus journey, she had little sleep last night because she kept accidently making the wound bleed and even though Deucalion told her to sleep, she didn't because she was actually worried about the safety of her pack – unlike her father.

She noticed Scott was sleeping and turned around to look at Stiles. He looked up and met her eyes. He noticed how pale she looked and he leaned forward slightly.

"Hey, Levi? You alright there?" She looked round to see Ethan glaring at her as if he was warning her not to mention anything. Stiles followed her line of sight and he realised something was off with the two alphas. He knew Ennis was dying or dead but why they were suddenly having a death stare match was confusing. She turned back to look at him and settled into her seat.

"Y-yeah." She muttered and Ethan turned back around to talk to Danny. Stiles narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything. "Eh, I'm going to nap – wake me up if anything happens alright?" He nodded and she moved so she was sitting sideways across the seats and closed her eyes.

"Weird." He muttered under his breath, knowing she was napping by the way her chest was moving up and down. She briefly heard Stiles waking Scott up to go over words for the finals but she was already too far asleep to pay attention.

Stiles and Scott were arguing.

"Alright Scott, I'm telling coach."

"No, no. I'm alright."

"Well you don't look alright."

Scott paused and leaned forward slightly, so his nose was almost against the side of Levi's head. She furrowed his eyebrows at the familiar smell and Stiles shot him a freaked out look.

"Stiles." He lowered his voice so Ethan couldn't hear but Stiles could. "Levi's injured. She's not healing like me."

Stiles turned to look at him confused. "Are you sure?" Scott nodded and he lightly shook Levi's shoulder to wake her up. She opened her eyes and stared at Scott's hand on her shoulder before he took it off quickly, thinking he had annoyed her.

She looked confused and turned to look at Scott. "You're hurt." She stated and Scott nodded.

"So are you." She narrowed her eyes and turned around properly so she was now facing the two. She winced slightly at the movement but didn't let Scott changed the conversation to her. She turned to look at Stiles.

"Swap seats with me for a minute." Stiles looked outraged.

"What? No way!" She growled quietly and let her eyes flash red once. He got the message and they quickly swapped seats before Ethan would notice. She pulled up Scott's tshirt. Stiles groaned at the cut and the blood.

"I know it looks bad but it's because it's from an alpha. It will take longer to heal." She reached out while he continued the conversation with Stiles and placed her hand on his cuts. She focused and all the veins in her wrist and arms turned black and Scott reached to take her hand off but she glared at him.

She switched back with Stiles and looked at Scott. "An alpha's healing is much better than a beta or an omega. But I can't heal it completely, I've helped take the pain away but it's all I can do at the moment." He thanked her and she settled back down.

"Let me take away some of yours." He said and she scoffed.

"No. You're in enough pain as it is. And anyway, you;ve already got the pain of an alpha's attack, you don't need more of it." She spoke and Scott and Stiles shared shocked looks. One of her pack did that to her.

Scott changed the subject looking out the window in sadness. "I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead."

 Levi looked up and her mouth dropped open and for some reason, she felt her heart get heavy. "Wait what?" Stiles and Scott looked at her.

"Why were you not there last night?" Scott asked and Levi sneaked a glance at Ethan who was talking to Danny. Scott and Stiles noticed this immediately. Stiles stood up and moved into the seat beside Levi and noticed her hand was lightly pressed against her stomach. He gently moved her hand and lifted her shirt lightly.

"What the hell?" Scott murmured and she looked away but let Stiels gently peel off the bandage to reveal the slash that had turned black. It had a large bruise around it and it was occasionally leaking blood. She didn't bother to replace the bandage but she pulled her shirt back over the cut. Stiles moved back to his seat and she turned to look at the two of them before checking to make sure Ethan wasn't listening.

"Everyone who is an alpha is an alpha for a reason. Those reasons tend to be ruthless. It a dog eat dog world – be killed or kill. Becoming an alpha means you took the kill option. Not alot of alphas regret it. But I do everyday."