Chapter 22

WYEAR22

Levi felt a rough hand latch onto her arm and she instantly knew who it was. She spun around, her face full of anger and met Kali and Deucalion. She shrugged his arm off and looked over at them. Deucalion raised his hands.

"It's simple Levi. The Darach wants to kill more innocent people, and although we do kill, we don't want too many innocents dead." Levi continued to stare blankly at him and Kali smirked at her.

"Come back to your pack Levi. Once the Darach is gone you can leave and never need to hear about us again. We'll even leave all your friends alone too, just if you help us." Levi listened to his heartbeat and did not hear a pause or a skip. It continued at a steady pace and she gave in.

"I'll come back." He smirked and she almost felt herself get more powerful as she reconnected back.

The three of them walked into the hospital, Kali leading Deucalion and Levi walking closely behind. Levi and the alphas walked over some dropped papers and she looked back to see it was Mrs McCall who had dropped the papers.

They walked around a corner just to see Jennifer standing there and Levi confirmed it to Deucalion. He snarled and uncapped the blade on the end of his stick and flicked his wrist forward, hurling it across the corridor like a javelin.

It pierced the wall beside her head and she turned to look at the three alphas to find that Kali was running towards her. She spun back around and into the lift, smacking the buttons rapidly. The doors were almost shut when Kali reached the elevator and tried to pry them open.

Jennifer leaned forward, smacking her hands against the metal and watching as Kali went flying away and the doors shut completely.

Levi wanted to scream as she saw Mrs McCall walk into the corridor and take Deucalion's stick out from the wall. They walked forward and he gently took the stick from her hand. Mrs McCall turned to look at him slowly, narrowing her eyes at Levi.

"Thank you Mrs McCall." He capped the stick while Kali smirked at the woman. Levi wasn't happy they were doing this to her, but she knew it was a small price to pay for a larger debt.

"You're him, aren't you?" She asked slowly, avoiding Levi's sad stare.

"Him?"

Mrs McCall moved her shoulders and looked at him sarcastically. "The bad guy."

The lights flickered and Levi looked around the corridor.

"You have no idea." Deucalion's eyes glowed red and Levi rolled her eyes at how dramatic he always made everything. He turned to look at Kali and Levi.

"Kali, go help Aiden and Ethan. Levi, escort Mrs McCall to the intercom. I want her to ask her dearest son to return the Darach to us. I'll be there in a moment." The two alphas nodded and Levi motioned for Mrs McCall to walk alongside her.

Once Mrs McCall decided they were out of earshot from the alphas, she turned on Levi. "I thought you were Scott's friend? Not the enemy." Levi stopped abruptly and looked at the woman, and the desperation in the teenager's eyes made Mrs McCall confused.

"Look, I'm trying to help. Deucalion said if I helped him get the woman killing everyone, he'd back off and leave Scott and everyone else alone." Mrs McCall's mouth dropped open and Levi continued walking.

"Come on." Mrs Call followed after her and they finally reached the reception, where somehow Deucalion was already waiting.

He held out the intercom button and motioned for Mrs McCall to speak. She gulped and turned it on.

"Can I have your attention please? Mr Deucalion..." Levi shook her head at the woman and she corrected her mistake. "Excuse me... just Deucalion, requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the ER reception. Do this and everyone else can leave. You have ten minutes."

Mrs McCall turned off the intercom and Levi smiled lightly at her, before Deucalion spoke.

"Levi? The number one rule of being an alpha is?" Levi rolled her eyes and turned to face him.

"Be ruthless." She said in a monotone voice, having heard his alpha rules too many times for her own liking. She turned her back to face him while she turned to talk to Mrs McCall and reassure her she was going to be fine.

"Exactly." She rolled her eyes and wanted to tell him to shut up but she was impaled.

No, seriously, she was impaled by the blade of his cane. He stabbed it through her back and out of her stomach, causing her to cough out blood and crumple to the ground while she tried to put pressure on the hole.

Mrs McCall let out a scream and Deucalion hushed her straight away. He looked down at the girl.

"An un-loyal pack member is of no use – even if you are the pentagonum wolf." She looked up with blurred eyes as Deucalion led Mrs McCall away. She could faintly hear a car pull up outside and she hoped to god it wasn't someone willing to finish her off too.

She listened softly to their conversation as the puddle of blood grew larger.

"Stay close to me." She recognised that voice straight away and prayed to god that Chris Argent wasn't in the mood to kill her. She could hear two other people's footsteps and recognised one as Allison.

"I can smell blood." She perked up slightly as she heard Isaac, knowing he would be helpful to an extent. The footsteps were louder and Levi heard three gaps as they finally saw the bleeding alpha and she felt warm hands press against the wound.

She saw Allison crouch down in front of her. "Levi! What happened?" The girl groaned and coughed up more blood.

"Deucalion...cane impaled...stop the twins..." They listened carefully and Isaac picked her up lightly, moving her so she was hidden behind the front desk. Chris tightened a scarf around the hole, slowing the bleeding.

"Levi, stay here. We'll come back soon okay?" Allison said softly and Levi nodded slowly. "Don't fall asleep."

Isaac looked over at Levi. "I've texted Derek, to let him know you're here but injured. Once he's out of the lift, he'll come for you." She nodded and the three hurried off.

 Levi passed in and out of consciousness before she felt hands shake her shoulders. She opened her eyes and tried to adjust her focus on the brown haired woman.

"Hello Levi. I think it's time we left." Jennifer Blake laughed and Levi's vision blurred again, leaving her in darkness.