Chapter 3

Allison, Lydia and Levi sat in the library, with Allison sketching out the bruises that had appeared on their wrists. They obviously didn't tell Levi the truth behind their bruises and told the brown haired girl that one of the jocks had grabbed too tight on their wrists and the pattern that had been left was the pattern on his gloves – so Allison was sketching it out to find out which jock it actually was.

Levi was flicking aimlessly through a book she had picked up from one of the shelves and Lydia was looking around, and Levi could tell she was bored. Levi felt the presence of Aiden and Ethan, so she looked up at the same time as Lydia spotted the two identical brothers. She stared long fully at them, causing Levi to roll her eyes.

"I want one." Allison looked up from her sketch and turned around, following Lydia's gaze. Aiden and Ethan were both studying a random book they had picked up and Levi could tell they were listening to the girl's conversation. Levi shook her head, laughing slightly.

Allison spun back around with a huge grin covering her lips.

"Which one?" She asked excitedly.

Lydia looked back over and studied the boys again. She raised a finger and sipped her coffee.

"The straight one - obviously." Levi smirked at the girl who clearly paid more attention than she had recently gave her credit for which also made Levi realise she must be more careful around Lydia. Allison looked confused and turned around to see how Lydia knew one of the twins was gay.

Danny walked around the corner, his eyes meeting Ethan's and grins appearing on each of their faces, causing Danny to knock into someone as his attention was captured by the interested twin.

Allison turned back to look at Lydia and Levi, the latter of who leaned forward slightly.

"I heard that Aiden – the straight one – thinks you're hot Lydia." She said casually and Lydia's face suddenly had a determined look. She sat her cup down on the table; her eyes were still watching Aiden intently.

Lydia left while Allison stared at her cup and ran her finger over the logo. She went to say something but as she looked u she noticed Lydia was gone. Levi smiled and pointed over her shoulder where Lydia was now flirting with Aiden. She scoffed and laughed lightly before turning back to her computer as Levi took a red apple from her bag, gave it a quick polish before biting into it and continuing with her book.

------------------

The next morning, Levi was offered a lift by Allison and Lydia but she had her headphones in and turned up full blast so the other girls redeemed it save to discuss Allison's findings of the logo search. Of course, Levi could still hear them so she listened carefully.

"So mystery girl leaves bruises on our wrists in the shape of a bank logo?" Lydia asked, slightly freaked out. They all started to leave the car, Levi still listening in. "What she try to do? Get some investment advice?" Lydia scoffed and Allison shrugged.

"Not as this bank," Levi almost froze in place but continued acting like she couldn't hear them. "It's been closed for years." The three started to walk towards the main building, all walking side-by-side. Lydia looked over at Allison.

"Why aren't you telling Scott?" She asked, and Levi could tell she was confused. Allison sighed dramatically as she tightened her jacket and started to open her car boot.

"Because, according to someone, I need to find something real." As they stopped talking for a moment, Levi took her earphones out and put them away. Allison turned to look at both girls.

"This reminds me, I can't drive either of you home today, and I have stuff to do after school."

-------------

Making sure no-one was watching, Levi walked up to Aiden and he smirked down at her. "Need a lift little sister?" She rolled her eyes and nodded. He passed her his helmet and she shoved it back to him. He raised an eyebrow.

"I think I'll be okay." He nodded and she slipped onto the motorbike behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and holding tight.

The two of them arrived back at the bank quickly, with Ethan hot on their heels. The three flung their school bags into the back of Kali's car and proceeded to go find Deucalion. She led the way, with the twins following her closely. She soon found her dad and told him as fast as she could about her suspicions that Allison was planning on breaking in and looking around. He nodded and took it all in.

He told her that he wanted her to keep Allison safe and make it look like Levi was on their side but under no circumstances was she to reveal she was a werewolf or knew anything about what was going on. If Allison questioned her, she was to say that she thought it would be fun to have a look around an abandoned bank and was surprised Allison was there – she would presume not many people have the same idea on the same day.

Levi nodded and walked away while everyone else listened to her dad's instructions. She spotted Allison walking into a storage cupboard and locking the door so Levi walked away to find her pack, knowing Allison was safe. It occurred to her that was where her father had hid the teenage she-wolf who had been captured along with Boyd that her father had killed.

She caught up with her dad and Mrs Morrell as the woman completed the circle of dust. She could hear the roars of the werewolves inside and she knew it was Scott McCall, Allison's ex who also happened to be a werewolf – and the exact one her dad wanted to join their pack. He was something her dad called a "true alpha" but she didn't care too much about it. She had spoke to the boy various times and knew he was actually really nice but she couldn't form an attachment because she knew he would figure out she was an alpha.

Her dad folded up his stick as he held his hand out for Levi, sensing his daughter. She placed her arm into his open palm and he lightly closed his fingers around her arm, using her to be able to walk forward. He spoke to Mrs Morell.

"It's not the first time you've got your hands dirty." They all walked away from the vault, Levi feeling happy that Derek or Scott had not seen her and she walked away from the fight, knowing that she had to find the wolves.