Chapter 18

Levi looked at the door, knowing the two werewolves inside could already hear her heartbeat. She took a deep breath before opening the large door, seeing Cora and Derek with glowing eyes and sharp canines but they weren't fully shifted yet. She raised her hands and walked further into the room, with the two growling louder at every step.

"What are you doing?" Derek growled and Cora narrowed her eyes at the young alpha. Levi kept her hands raised and stopped a few feet in front of them, and looking them in the eyes.

"I have some information for you." They both stopped and looked at each other before looking back at her. Levi could sense their unease so she slowly kneeled down, looking up at them.

"Just to show that I am at your mercy right now and have no reason to attack." Derek looked down at her, listening to her heartbeat and confirming she was telling the truth.

"Well, go ahead before your alpha finds out you're here."

"He's not my alpha." Cora and Derek exchanged shocked looks and Levi continued. "He's not even my real dad. I found out the night Boyd was killed, I hadn't even known they were killing someone that night. He told me who my real parents were and my real family; he had done what he did to Isaac to me. He took memories and made new ones, to make me think he was my real dad and he told me he did the same to my family to forget about me." Derek nodded, as hadn't lied through any of it.

"It's you. Talia Hale was my mother. Your father was my father." Derek and Cora stopped, looking at her in disbelief.

"It's true." They all turned to see Peter on the stairs. He smiled down at them as he walked over.  Cora looked at him in anger.

"You knew?" He nodded and they all growled at him at the same time. He chuckled and waved his hand.

"Another sign of proof that you're siblings. Deucalion forgot to get my memories, I've always known." The three of them all flashed their eyes at him, Cora's being yellow while Derek and Levi's eyes were red.

Levi turned to look at the two. "I've got to go, there's someone I promised I would talk to." They nodded and as Levi turned to leave, Cora flung herself at her and hugged her little sister tightly.

"Stay safe little sister." She said and Levi swallowed the lump in her throat and nodded, hugging Derek too. She hadn't thought they would believe the truth so easily.

She rushed out of the apartment, picking up a jog and heading towards the animal clinic. She had a feeling that the druid knew the answers to her questions that were bothering her. She reached the clinic and walked in, stopping once she reached the gate and she could sense the mountain ash.

The man walked out from his work area and raised an eyebrow surprised to see her there.

"Levi." She wasn't sure how he knew her name but she didn't ask, the alphas had been here before and she could smell it.

"Can we talk? I have some questions." Deaton smiled and nodded at her, opening the gate and letting her follow him through the building. She hoped up and sat on the metal table while the man flicked through some files.

"So, once you leave a pack you're meant to feel weaker, aren't you?" Deaton nodded and she continued with her query. "I don't feel weaker. I just feel the same and at a push I feel slightly stronger."

Deaton looked up, studying her for a moment and a smile broke across his lips. "I always presumed it was you. Even as a child."

Levi felt a lump in her throat as she turned around to stare at the vetinerian.

"You knew me?" Deaton smiled and nodded, Levi now walking closer to him. He pulled out a small folded up piece of paper from one of the files he was flicking through and handed it to her.

Levi carefully unfolded it and gasped in shock. The photo was old, at least seven years old. She was standing beside a younger looking Derek and Cora with another girl on her side that looked like them. She spotted Peter in the back ground, the resemblance was uncanny. There was a hand on her shoulder and she instantly could tell it belonged to her mother. There was a man who had his hand on Derek's shoulder and she too realised it was her dad.

Levi felt her eyes well up and she smiled at the older man, laughing as she passed him the photo back. She heard a small whimper and she cocked her head to the side. Deaton studied her for a moment and then realised what she was hearing. He opened the door to the cages of the dogs and cats and led her inside.

"They're all sick, some will get better, others not so much." He bent down and unlocked one of the cages, a small German Sheppard puppy walking out and sniffing the air. She reached out and picked the puppy up and looked at Deaton.

"He's got blood poisoning." Deaton said and Levi looked down at the puppy, feeling it's pain. Without even thinking, her veins turned black and she relieved some of it's pain. Deaton smiled widely at her as she sat the puppy back into the cage and followed him out and back to the reception.

"Scott may be a true alpha, but you're not. Yet, I'm surprised you and Scott happened to be in the same place at once." Levi looked at him confused and he sat down in a chair.]

"Deucalion doesn't just take anyone into his pack. You know that better than anyone else. Levi, you're as rare as a True Alpha." She raised an eyebrow, not expecting this.

"It's called a pentagonum wolf." Levi stared at him for a moment with one word crossing her mind.

"Did you just call me a pentagon?" Deaton laughed lightly.

"In Latin, yes it does translate to pentagon. However, it's meant something different when talking about werewolves."  Levi raised her eyebrow again and he smiled.

"You don't fit into a category. For example, there are healers, philosophers, virgins, warrior and guardians. Technically, you fit into all five." Levi nodded.

"It also means you don't fit into the three tiers - alpha, beta and omega. You can fall straight from an alpha to being non-supernatural in an instant."

She smiled at Deaton and he nodded to the door. "I can tell you want to go find Scott. Go." He said and she left after thanking him.

She jogged in the direction of the school, hoping she wasn't missing too much of the memorial.