Chapter 35

Derek pressed down on the phone screen again, trying Levi's number for the hundredth time that week. Stiles was the Nogitsune. Skinny, defenceless Stiles was being controlled by a rogue and very evil fox spirit.

He had promised he would call if anything went wrong and this was something wrong – even on Derek's term. He put the phone down as he stared at Isaac's scarred body, feeling the pain his old beta was in. This wasn't right.

Levi should be there. She should be with her new pack, helping and saving them. Stiles was a friend to her. He needed her too – even if the nogistune was in charge. Derek needed his sister.

He left the hospital and headed back to the loft wanting to review that chess board. He ignored the gash on his back, knowing it was not healing because it was from an Oni's sword.

/

Levi watched closely as Sin shoved Alec into the lake, before jumping and splashing into the water beside him, a laugh echoing from her as he emerged from the water his eyes shining at her. Sin smacked his chest jokingly before he shoved her over and into the water again.

Abigail was arguing over the best way to grill the burgers, the black haired girl furrowing her eyebrows at him and trying to snatch the fish slice from his hands. Alec was holding it high above her head, a frown on his face as she managed to grab it and continued flipping the burgers before he grabbed it back and the cycle repeated.

Levi didn't need to look at Xander when he spoke, she always knew when he was around her. The boy looked at his former alpha and smiled lightly as he spoke.

"Once you were gone, Sin and Alec got close. Like really close." Levi turned around to look at him, her legs dangling off the pier and into the lake and the sun danced across her face. She raised an eyebrow and knew where this story was going. "You were Sin's anchor. She hadn't realised it, you hadn't either – none of us had. So when we heard the news that you were a part of this alpha pack, Sin started to lose control. Alec helped her – well he actually just kissed her."

Levi laughed shaking her head at the fact Alec had kissed Sin eventually. Everyone could feel the chemistry between them every time they were even near each other.

"He became her anchor and she became his and now they're dating basically." Xander summed up, his eyes twinking in the light and a bright grin on his face.

Levi looked around at her old pack before looking at Xander, her grin gone. "There's trouble back home. I'm going to have to go back - someone is being controlled by a spirit."

The whole pack stopped as their hearing picked up on her words and they walked over, sad looks on their faces as they realised this was a short visit. They sat around their old friend, watching as she told them about her new pack – and they knew it was her home.

Xander patted her on the back before he stood up and offered Levi his hand.

"Go home Levi. Be with them. Save them." Levi nodded, said her goodbyes and was back on her bike immediately.

She could feel that something wasn't right back in Beacon Hills and she didn't want to get back too late. If she could have saved someone and she was too busy trying to forget about her new problems then she would never forgive herself.

The Beacon Hills pack was her life now and she would do anything to protect them.

/

Levi pulled up outside the school, not sure why but she had a gut feeling someone was here that needed her. Pulling off her helmet and parking her bike, she opened the doors and walked into coach's office slowly, seeing Isaac being attacked by Kira and Allison. Watching for a second, Levi could see that Isaac was not himself.

Isaac wolfed out and snarled before Aiden and Ethan start to advance on Isaac. Allison and Kira locked the door of coach's office and Levi walked out of the shadows and shook her head at the girls.

"Locking us in here isn't going to be of much use." They both jumped and levelled their crossbow and katana to Levi's face. Allison fired an arrow and Levi managed to catch it before it struck her. Levi handed it back to the girl and Allison hugged her tightly, whispering in her ear.

"It's Stiles. It was him all along." Levi froze, not understanding how it had happened but she knew it was seriously worse than she imagined. The girls looked at the door as they heard the wolves fighting.

Levi's eyes glew red and the girl flicked her claws out before looking at her friends. "We've got to stop them."

She kicked the door open and lunged at Ethan, hitting him against the wall. Levi fought of against the wolves as she saw Kira and Allison swap weapons. Levi stood beside Allison and Kira, her hand pressed to her stomach covering a healing gash from Ethan's claws.

Levi snarled, her teeth showing, when the three wolves collapsed, with black liquid pouring from their ears and mouths.

Allison called Scott and soon Levi was faced with Deaton pulling flies from her brothers ears. Levi turned away, not wanting to watch it as it was disgusting. He looked over at Levi and handed her a mobile phone.

"Seeing as no-one could reach yours." Levi was confused, she didn't remember losing her phone but it was gone anyway so she took Deaton's phone and headed out of the school, not waiting on any of them having been filled in on the details by Kira while they waited on Deaton.

Levi called Scott and he told her to meet them at the station, he was taking the now normal Stiles to see his father as they couldn't start the search for Lydia until nightfall. She arrived outside the station before the boys and as she walked in, the Sherriff saw her and pulled her into a hug – something Levi was not expecting.

"A lot has happened." Levi nodded and told him she was filled in.

As she stood with him, she noticed the attractive male beside him. She stared at him before the sherriff introduced them.

"Levi, this is Deputy Jordan Parrish, Parrish, this is Levi Hale – Derek's younger sister that we mentioned before." The green-eyed man nodded and shook hands with Levi, smirking lightly at her. Levi grinned and they held hands for a second longer than the sheriff liked before Stiles and Scott walked in.

Levi stayed with Parrish at the station during the whole ordeal with Meredith, the banshee had refused to be in the same room as the wolf – for a reason unknown to everyone.

As she watched him type on his computer, her new phone rang.

"Levi, we've found Lydia."