Chapter 36

Levi arrived at Oak Creek just as Kira's mum opened her hand and discovered that the firefly was no longer there.

Levi jogged over and stood beside Allison who gave her a quick reassuring smile.

"What is that?" Isaac whispered, watching as the firefly evaporated. "What does it mean?" He asked and Levi flicked out her claws, seeing Allison holding her bow up ready.

"It means there's been a change in ownership."

They all spun around, Levi snarling as she saw the Nogitsune appear, smirking at them all. She didn't like the way it was in a copy of Stiles' body – it was unnatural.

The five oni stood behind him protectively and Levi flashed her eyes red, the nogistune smirking at her before continuing.

"Now they belong to me." He looked over at Levi again, knowing that while the others would target to Oni first, the Pentagonum alpha would go straight for him.

He smirked at the Oni's raised their swords, charging forwards and launching into a fight.

Levi shifted at the same time as Isaac, watching as the oni all started fighting with her friends. She could hear the swishes of Allison's bows and Kira's katana smacking into things but her sight was set on the Nogitsune.

Levi started to walk over, baring her fangs at him and growling deeply. He smirked and stood there smiling, waiting on her to come closer. Once he was within arms distance, Levi snarled and went to lunge for him.

She heard Kira's mother yell out a warning to her but Levi was already acting. She swung her arm at the Nogitsune's head but was surprised when it's arm shot up and snatched on to her wrist, gripping it too tight for her to break free. He smiled sickly at her.

"I may look like your friend, but I am more powerful." He pushed her stomach with his foot and Levi went flying back across the yard and slammed into Isaac, making both werewolves hit the floor. An oni raised its sword and went to bring it down on Isaac's face when Allison moved and her bow made the attack deflect.

As the two werewolves fought against the oni, Levi knew her and Isaac didn't have a high chance of surviving this. Isaac fell to his knees, blood seeping from him as the oni went to take its fatal blow.

Levi turned to fight off another one, when she heard Lydia screaming her name.

It happened quickly.

The oni in front of her slammed the sword into her chest, Levi gasping in pain and looking down in shock. She could see the Nogitsune smirking from behind the Oni, knowing this was his plan all along.

Then, as the oni pulled the sword out, a bright yellow light that accompanied the fireflies appeared in her wound, almost as if she was the Oni. Levi yelled out in pain an fell to the ground, the yellow light subsiding and the Oni evapourated, much to everyone's confusion.

As Levi lay on the cold ground, her eyes wavering in and out of focus and the pool of blood she was laying in slowly grower larger, the only thing she was aware of was Lydia's next scream.

Allison.

She could just see Allison get caught by Scott from the corner of her eye, then her eyes faded out to black and she saw no more.

/

Scott, Lydia and Isaac sat in the Sheriff's office, all staring blankly at something.

Parrish looked at them with pity. "Can you remember anything else? Anything else?" He sighed as the teenagers didn't answer him.

He noticed Isaac's mouth was twitching slightly. "Isaac?"

"I'm sorry." He choked up, tears in his eyes. "It just happened so fast." He whispered and the Sheriff put a warm hand on his shoulder.

The older man looked over at Parrish and their eyes both matched the sadness they were feeling at the loss.

Later on, once the teenagers had left, the Sheriff walked over to Parrish's desk. "Hey, we need to try to keep this as quiet as we can. Once the press finds out about this, they'll be all over those kids."

Parrish nodded. "Want a squad car outside your house?" He checked and the sheriff sighed before agreeing.

"That might be a good idea at night."

Parrish and sheriff both turned around as they heard a yelp, seeing the deputy that had medical experience fixing Levi's wound. The man apologized as Levi groaned.

"I'm still not sure why she insisted on staying here instead of going to the hospital." Parrish noted and the sheriff shrugged but he knew exactly what she was doing.

Levi looked up at him and he smiled reassuringly as she thanked the deputy and walked over to the two men, her wound already healing unknowingly to everyone minus the sheriff.

He placed a soft hand on her arm. "You don't need to be here Levi." The girl shook her head.

"I do." He smiled at her.

They both stopped as Parrish whipped out his gun, the three looking at two Oni's as they killed one of the deputies. Levi looked over at the sheriff and they both knew that she couldn't shift with everyone watching, so he quickly passed her a gun.

/

Ethan and Aiden stared at Derek in disbelief.

"Allison's dead. Stiles' is dying. Levi would have died had Isaac not taken some pain. What do you think?" Ethan said in regards to trying to get Lydia and Danny to hide.

"I think Danny won't believe you and Lydia would never run and hide." Derek replied, trying not to think too much about how he wasn't there for his little sister as she almost died.

"Because of Stiles?" Aiden spat out.

"Because of Scott and Levi." Derek ground out in annoyance. The twins stood in silence, waiting for an explanation.

"You've been trying to find a way into his pack; trying to earn his trust, trying to fight for him and you've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader – you fight for a leader's cause."

Aiden rolled his eyes. "What cause?"

"Scott's always been about one thing: saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about – and it's the same with Levi. When there's no chance of winning, they keep fighting. When all hope is lost? They find another way. They're beaten down? They stand up again! You want to earn a place in their pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!" Derek said, the twins respecting him more.

/

Levi knelt beside Parrish as they all raised their guns towards the door, staying silent and waiting for the oni.

They watched as the oni that parrish shot jumped up from the ground, before another appeared behind the sheriff. Had it not been for Parrish and Levi's joint yell of warning, the sheriff would have been dead.

Levi watched and soon it was only her, Parrish and the sheriff still standing. As the oni slashed the sheriff's arm with its sword, Levi knew she had to shift even thought parrish was there.

As Parrish was hurt as well with the sword and not looking, Levi shifted, slashing at them with her claws. Only seconds after she slashed at them, they evaporated and she dropped to the ground beside the sheriff and Parrish.

"What the hell happened?" He asked Parrish.

"They left. They just left." He pulled his shirt up and looked at the bleeding gash on his torso.

"Why did they let us live?" Parrish asked and the sheriff looked at his arm before looking at the two of them.

"I'm not so sure they did."

Levi patted both of their arms, only the sheriff noticing the black veins. He shook his head and Levi went to say something before she stopped, tilting her head to the side.

The sheriff looked at her. "What is it?"

Levi's eyes widened as she looked at him. "I can hear Derek's howl."

The sheriff pushed her lightly. "Go help Levi."