xix.

A/N : Please play the music only when I tell you to for the extra feels ya know. Enjoy!

Luna's POV

Aimlessly, I walk around the vicinity of the gymnasium where the NHK Trophy would be taking place tomorrow.

The competition. Right. The competition where I can partake but Yuzuru can't. All because I held him back. He's hurt because of me. 

 Looking at my watch, its now 1 in the morning. My phone has been turned off since I ended the call with Uncle Brian. I'm still in my training clothes since this morning without outerwear, cursing myself as it is already autumn and the climate is getting colder. I didn't want to go back to the hotel because for sure the others will just ask me questions nonstop.

I don't think my heart and mind can handle anymore today. 

With a sigh and a shiver running down my spine because of the cold wind, I decided to head towards the rink not thinking whether it'd still be open or not. It appears that my safe haven is always and forever will be the rink.

I reach the entrance of the gymnasium and I find a security guard outside and the female receptionist in the lobby.

"Hi good eveni-, I mean good morning. I just want to ask if the rink is still open?" I laugh nervously, hoping it still is.

"Good morning! Aren't you Saito-san? Its a pleasure to meet you! I am a huge fan! Uhm, its not open anymore but I can make an exception for you." 

What luck.

"Thank you so much for supporting me. Won't you get in trouble for doing that though, Miss --?" I shyly reply scratching the back of my head.

"Oh please call me Yuki, Saito-san. Its totally fine. I've been working here for years and I've met skaters like you who like to seek refuge on the ice during times of distress." The lady who introduced herself as Yuki said giving me a comforting smile. 

I chuckle nervously "Is it that obvious?"

"Well, not really... Okay kind of. Your eyes are really puffy and I can hear from your voice that you are exhausted. You must've had a rough day." Yuki-san said with a sympathetic smile.

Oh dear you have no idea.

"Just... some stuff. I'm probably just nervous for tomorrow's short. Thank you so much, Yuki-san, for this. It really means a lot" I say as I gathering as much energy as I can to give her a sincere smile. 

"Head inside, Saito-san. Don't worry about the press finding out about this. It'll be our little secret." She said whispering the last sentence to me while winking.

"Thanks again, Yuki-san. And please, call me Luna" I say as I laugh softly and went inside. 

The lights are dim. Smoke from the ice is visible as it rises up. The silence is deafening. If a pin were to be dropped in here, it would echo throughout the whole building.

I sit down the benches for a few minutes, still processing everything that has happened today. Along with those thoughts, I hit my head and sigh in frustration.

"My f*cking skates are at the hotel." I whisper to myself. "Now what am I gonna do? I don't want to go back at the hotel."