xii.

I know. I'm late. I'm so sorry I had serious writer's block 🤦🏻‍♀️ but I'm back now and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Here's chapter 12 💖
-----------------
Luna's POV

His voice. It was like a lifeline. Its funny how a simple utterance of my name from his mouth pulled me back to life.

However, just because I didn't pass out from exhaustion doesn't mean I'm not in pain. My right ankle was burning as hell. It was getting harder to breath and I feel lightheaded.

After I thanked and bowed to the audience, I skated back cautiously, hands on my waist and looking down at my feet. I don't want pity from anyone. As soon as I reached the barrier, I looked up to my uncle, Coach Brian.

And with that one look, he knew what's wrong. I was asking for my medicine. I need it. Just to alleviate the tightening of my chest. As he handed me my guards, he called over Coach Tracy and whispered "Get Luna her medicine. Its in her bag. Zhenya's probably backstage. She knows where it is. And please hurry. "

Coach Tracy then dashed towards the door, causing a few people to look at her in confusion. Even Yuzu.

Me and Coach Brian sat on the Kiss and Cry waiting for my marks when I looked up to Yuzu, his eyes laced with confusion. Probably because I don't look too good. I was turning pale I could tell. My lipstick thinned out when I drank a shit ton of water which made it more obvious. They were also kinda close to where we are sitting and he could probably see beads of sweat forming on my forehead and how my back was hunched over from exhaustion and rapid breathing.

However, I just smiled at him, a fake one, gesturing that I'm fine. The scores were taking a while and so I mouthed to him "I'm sorry" with tears forming in my eyes in realization.

I really was sorry. I said that I dedicate this skate to him but I messed up real bad. My landings weren't great. I freaking fell. Just the thought of disappointing everyone because of my damn condition sucks. It makes me want to burst out in tears.

And as if he heard my thoughts, Yuzu smiled at me and replied "Its okay.", flashing two thumbs up.

Those two words made me want to cry even more. Those words may seem so simple yet it gave me the most comfort at the moment. Nothing else was needed to be said.

I just nodded at him and smiled as I looked down again at my feet. I could still feel my uncle patting my shoulder, reminding me to pace my breathing. It seems like Coach Tracy was stuck in backstage traffic because she was taking too long.

"The scores please for Luna Saito of Canada."

I tensed up. I know I'm not gonna get a high score. My jumps were crap ugh. It might make me miss the podium.

"Luna Saito of Canada has earned a free skate score of 147.54, making her total score 233.29 which puts her in first place."

Again, I was just speechless. Maybe its become a habit when I'm just shocked or something.

Coach Brian and I stood up and he gave me a warm hug and whispered "You did it. You won." He pulled away and looked into my eyes, scanning them if I was still okay.

Despite the crowd erupting in loud cheers and applause, its as if everything was in slow motion.

I could no longer hear the noise. I hear nothing. My eyes were trying hard to stay open, making me see the worry evident on his expression. He knows. My consciousness is holding by a thread.

"Let's go back. Now." He whispered as he put his arm on my shoulders guiding me to the door.

"What about Yuzu? and the others? They're gonna come backstage and they're gonna see me. Please don't let them see me uncle." I whispered back softly.