xxvi.

3rd Person's POV

Time flew by fast. The most-awaited 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics is exactly 2 weeks away. For the past few weeks, Luna had been taking it easy with training and Yuzuru had just started getting back to skating from his injury. 

"Why does this look like its happened before?" Javi said to Yuzu who was sitting down on the bench after warming up, the two watching a chaotic scene in front of them.

"It did. A few months back." Yuzu replied with a sigh.

"You're seriously the most hard-headed woman I know besides your mother." Coach Brian said.

"I know. That's why you love me. So pretty please with a cherry on top, just bump up my program difficulty a teeny tiny bit more?" Luna replied, tailing her Uncle who had just went out of his office and onto the middle of the rink.

With how persistent his niece is, all he can do is muster up deep sigh before speaking. "Tell me what you want to do first? What are you going to change?" 

"I want two quads in my short and add two more of those in my free." Luna replied, a huge smile plastered on her face, her hands together pleading his Uncle.

"Now that"s-"

"Absolutely mental and dangerous, Luna. No." Yuzuru interrupted Coach Brian mid-sentence. Javi followed suit and said "He's right chica."

Coach Brian was about to talk again but this time was interrupted by Luna. "I didn't ask you two for your opinion." She rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at the two men as if teasing them.

"I thi-"

"Luna stop being so stubborn and just listen to us. You're asking for too much." Yuzuru retorted putting his arms across his chest.

"Wait a sec-"

"Blah blah blaaah I don't care." Luna said, covering her ears childishly.

"YOU TWO! STOP IT. Could you guys let me speak?" Coach Brian exclaimed after being interrupted by the arguing couple when he wanted to speak. His voice booming and echoing throughout the building, the three immediately stood straight and paid attention to the man.

Coach Brian turned his attention to Luna saying, "Why did you suddenly want to add quads to your program again?" 

"Because! I already qualified for the Olympics! I'm not gonna show up looking like a display doing easy stuff. Since we're there, why not aim for the gold?" Luna said, eyes burning with passion. The three men standing in front of her looked at each other after witnessing Luna's declaration of her goal. After a few seconds of utter silence, Coach Brian just pinched the bridge of his nose and replied, "You know the Olympics is just around the corner and you wanna change your program so suddenly?"

"I know. It's not going to be that hard. We're just going to switch out some jumps and replace them, no problem. I've been focusing on my quads the past few weeks and I'm almost 100% I can do it during the competition." Luna said, a hand on her waist while explaining to her uncle. It was true. Other than running through both of her programs during training, she worked on perfecting her quads. It wasn't easy though. In the middle of training, she sprained her ankle so she had to bandage it up and ice it every night so that it would get better as quickly as possible.

And of course, Yuzuru did not dare to further disagree with Luna after what she just said. Though he has to admit, he's still terrified at thought of losing Luna anytime. However, he believes in her. The bond they share got stronger after that night when they skated together. They made a pact. The ice will always be their safe haven.