xxiii.

3rd Person's POV

January 7, 2018

Its been almost a month since the incident during the NHK Trophy and unfortunately, both Yuzuru and Luna were unable to participate in the Grand Prix Final; Yuzuru being out of commisision due to his ankle injury and Luna as she placed 5th behind Mirai Nagasu. 

As the news said, Yuzuru will be maximizing his time resting before he is deemed fit to train again for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics. Apparently, he is automatically qualified to be a part of the Olympic Team because of his World standing. Lucky him, right?

Meanwhile, Luna is at TCC. It is currently 7 in the morning and it has been about a week and a half since she started training again. Right after what happened during the NHK, reporters have crowded in front of TCC almost everyday to try and get a statement from Luna's team. A few weeks after, Coach Tracy finally released a statement which said

"Luna Saito experienced fatigue and stress due to excessive training. That's all. It seems that all the training she did took a toll on her, causing her to collapse after her free. She was brought to the hospital as soon as possible after the incident and the test results revealed she also came down with a flu. After weeks of resting, Luna will be back to train for the upcoming Canadian Nationals on January 8th to qualify for the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics. Thank you all for being concerned and rest assured Luna Saito will be back to full health soon."

Of course Luna did not want anyone to know about her condition. The skating community would go to a frenzy if they knew a figure skater with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is still skating despite the possibility of dying on the rink in the middle of a performance. Oh no. No one would want that. Besides, she doesn't want ANYONE to pity her. That's the last thing she wants.

Luna's parents have also been made aware of the real reason why Luna decided to go back to skating. It didn't go too well, her parents wanting her to get surgery and to stop skating AGAIN. Though Sky agreed with them, he just couldn't resist his little sister and decided to side with her during the argument. The family conversation that night ended on a very emotional note with everyone crying and hugging.

Luna, this time accompanied with her brother, met with her doctor back home. The first thing he did, like he always does, is scold her for going too far when he told her to take it easy if she wanted to last longer. But like what Luna does as well, she just shrugged it off. The doctor from Japan was right. Luna's life expectancy was reduced by 6 months. They didn't know how, probably from the emotional stress and physical exhaustion. But yeah, it got reduced drastically. From now on, Luna officially has about 3-4 months left. 

Aw snap. Luna thought. She smiled, thinking she wanted to compete at the 2018 Worlds on March.

Anyway, back to reality. Despite her protests, Uncle Brian reduced her daily training hours and cut back her training regiment so as not to strain and tire Luna out too much. This was what Luna hated that's why she kept her timeline a secret. She just groaned in her mind and rolled her eyes at the thought.

Luna and Javi are the only skaters trained by Coach Brian right now. Zhenya is back at Russia because she had a stress fracture which is also the reason why she was unable to compete at the GP Final. Jason is in the US training for the US Nationals.