xxii.

(A/N : Play the video when I tell you to hoho)

3rd Person's POV

Yuzuru, riding a wheelchair accompanied by Sky, went on their way to Luna's room a few doors away from his. Good, Yuzuru thought, I can visit her as often as I can.

Sky stopped in front of the door before knocking three times. 

Entering, Yuzuru cannot help but tear up at the vulnerable and weak state of his Luna. 

Inside the room was Coach Brian and a doctor who, it seems like, were having a hard time communicating with each other. 

Sky cleared his throat before speaking in Japanese.

"Good evening, Doctor. I'm Luna's brother, and as you may know, this is Yuzuru Hanyu, Luna's teammate. You can tell us what's happening." 

The doctor bowed and replied, "Good evening Saito-san, Hanyu-san. I would like to apologize for my lack of english vocabulary making me unable to clearly explain to Orser-san Luna's condition."

"No, no. Don't be sorry. Its not a big deal. Please go on." Sky replied.

This was it. I get to know the whole story. Yuzuru thought as the doctor started to speak once again.

"As you all know, Luna-san has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy which is a condition where her heart muscles, specifically her left ventricle, contract harder and the walls of those muscles are thicker than normal. And because the walls of her heart are thick, they become stiff. Stiff heart muscles means the blood that her heart receives and pumps is reduced. So there is less blood circulating the body, thus less oxygen as well."

Everyone was listening intently, especially Yuzuru. His heart was clenching. He could not imagine how he pushed his Luna so hard during training with him with this condition. All he could do is look down and shake his head with tears slowly falling from his face. 

With no response from the listeners, the doctor continued,

"And Saito-san, you said that her doctor back in Canada gave her a a timeline?" 

"Yes, he did. A year and a half." Sky whispered.

Shock. Yuzuru and even Brian Orser was shocked. Her uncle was not made aware of ANY kind of timeline. All he knows is that she's sick and she has to take care of her heart. 

"What timeline? What does he mean Sky?" Yuzuru's head shot up, his hand tugging the sleeves of Sky's sweater. 

Silence... Sky just looked away not wanting anyone in the room to see him breakdown just like he did in front of Yuzuru. 

"It means she only had about 10 months left to live, Hanyu-san." The doctor said, looking sympathetically at the broken lad. 

Wait...

"Had? What do you mean by 'had'?" Sky said almost immediately.

"Well... It seems that she did not tell anyone. It was actually a year only. Not a year and a half."

With all the information, all Coach Brian could do was unconsciously sit on the couch. Why didn't my sister tell me about this? Did she actually allow Luna to skate even though she knew she's dying?