xxxv.

February 21, 2018 - 9:45 AM

Luna's POV

This is it. The moment of truth. Well... not exactly. We still have the free skate tomorrow so whatever. Sitting here backstage while waiting for the event to start, like in any other competition, is nerve-wracking. But this is the Olympics we're talking about so of course, I feel extra jittery and nervous than usual. I look back at my performance during the Team Event and I would DEFINITELY not want that to happen this time.

I'm alone. I have no team to back me up when something goes wrong and I'm even competing against Katelyn. Not only Katelyn but there are also so many talented ladies skating today. It's during these times when I start to doubt myself if I'm worthy enough to be standing on the same stage, the same rink as them.

"Of course you are." A deep voice suddenly came from behind, making me jump up from my seat.

"Oh my gosh Yuzuru honestly. I think you really want me to die early. You almost gave me a heart attack." I glared at him while I clutch my chest. Yuzuru just scratched the back of his head and replied, "Well. Your eyes say it all. You're doubting yourself again, aren't you?"

H-how did he... "N-no. Of course not! Me? I think you don't know me well like you said you do." Crap. I stuttered. I look at Yuzuru in the eyes and he only chuckles at my response.

"Nope. I know you. I already memorized the faces you make whenever you think of something and what I just saw..." Yuzu abruptly stopped before continuing, "I always see that face during competitions. Trust me." He said as his hand move towards my face and tucking stray pieces of hair behind my ear.

I groan in response and rolled my eyes. "Ugh fine. I just..." Unable to continue my sentence, I just pace back and forth across the room to try and calm my nerves down. I look down at my clothes and try to smooth the fabric even though it's perfectly fine. My costume is white with silver and blue accents. It has a cape-like sheer fabric on my back and it both has a skirt and pants.

(A/N: It's kind of hard to describe guys. If you want to visualize it, look at Elsa's dress in Frozen 2. The one she wore near the end of the movie.)

I walk back towards where Yuzu is standing as he just continues to observe me. Standing in front of him again, I look down at my feet and whisper, "I'm just really nervous. I don't want anything to go wrong."

I feel him gently hold my chin and make me raise my head to look at him. "Hey. We already talked about this right? You're the best out there. And no matter what happens, the people will still love it. And I will still love you. Okay?" He smiles gently.

He never fails to amaze me. With those simple words that left his lips, it's like my worries just magically vanished into thin air. I close my eyes and heave a huge sigh before smiling back at him. "How come you always know what to say?"

"Because you love me." Yuzu laughed as he booped my nose making me pout. "Now go warm-up. If you need anything, I'll just be outside." He continued, placing a chaste kiss on my forehead before walking away while he adorably waved.

And with that, I turn my game face on and internalize what Yuzu just said. He's right. I got this in the bag. No worries.

-time skip-

I stood and leaned against the barrier of the rink trying not to mind the deafening roars of the crowd. Alina Zagitova just finished her flawless performance and scored 82.92 points for her short program. Currently, she is now in first place with Zhenya not so far behind with 81.61 points. Just a few points behind the world record I set a few months back during the Rostelecom Cup. If I don't nail this program, I'm going to have a hard time catching up in the free.