xiii.

Hi guyyyys!

Here's chapter 13! Please enjoy 💖
-----------------------
Luna's POV

Today's the exhibition gala and I'm actually really excited. Its where almost all the skaters that competed in the men's, women's, pairs, and ice dance events get to perform something other than our competition pieces for fun and also for the audience to enjoy.

Here's the thing though. I thought I wasn't gonna be able to perform. I got a serious scolding from my uncle when I said that my ankle hurts as hell. He said why didn't I tell him sooner blah blah blaaaaaaaah yada yada yada and everything.

Its not my fault! I think... I forgot about the pain because of what happened.

I can't believe Javi knows now, too. It means I was being too obvious and I have to do better in faking it so Yuzu doesn't notice. Uggggggggh.

Speaking of Javi, we had a sibling-from-another-mother heart-to-heart talk last night as soon as we arrived at the hotel. We went to me and Zhenya's room to talk and Zhenya left halfway through the conversation to give us privacy.

Javi's really like my big brother, Sky. They're both so over protective, especially now that Javi knows my situation. I kinda feel bad now. No one from my family besides Uncle Brian knows about what I'm going through. However, I'm still convinced that I shouldn't tell them anything. I just know that its going to break them.

Throughout our conversation, Yuzu was brought up so many times. Javi asked me a lot of things concerning Yuzu which I totally understand because they're like brothers.

"How are you gonna tell him?"

"Are you sure you don't want to tell him?"

"Don't you think he deserves to know?"

"He really really cares for you, Luna. I know you know that."

Javi also explained how Yuzu was kinda distancing himself despite the way he messages me.

According to Javi, Yuzu doesn't know how to approach me since he was unable to win the gold medal. The disappointment evident on his face when he was unable to fulfill what he promised me.

"He feels seriously regretful. You know Yuzu, Luna. He always wants to win to defend his title. But now he has a different goal. When he promised you that gold medal, it wasn't for the title at all. It was for you and you know that. That's why he doesn't know how to talk to you in person. He doesn't want you to think he failed you and that his feelings for you are not serious."

And I know that. I know everything. During the months, weeks, days, hours, and seconds Yuzu and I have spent, I learned to read him like an open book. I understand him and he understands me. Yuzu has made me feel safe, loved, and has treated me like a princess.

I don't need any gold medal from him just prove that he cares deeply for me.

My time is running out so I'm going to take the risk.

So I told Javi my plan, and eventually Zhenya too when she re-entered the room with our favorite Starbucks drinks.

timeskip (Exhibition Gala)

All the gold medalists perform at the near end of the gala and to be honest, I'm loving the excitement. This is the only part of the competition that we get to let our hair down and enjoy our performance without having to worry about scores and medals.

Yuzu... Yuzu skated beautifully and once again, he was breathtaking. I have no words to describe him. He's just perfect. I could the emotions pouring out of him from his skate and I know where its coming from.