xx.

3rd Person's POV

Yesterday was like a hurricane of events for Luna despite the competition just being today. She has to admit, it was more exhausting than both actual training AND having to cope up with her heart problem. She didn't get an ounce of sleep last night and she feels like a total zombie. 

As with yesterday, she has not communicated with anyone from the team other than her Uncle Brian and Coach Tracy. Well, not her but her brother did. He did all the talking for Luna over the phone.

Luna knows that if she was the one to talk to them directly, they would talk about Yuzuru's condition right away even without her asking. And she didn't want that. She still doesn't.

According to Sky (who also wanted to tell Luna about Yuzuru's condition but was cursed by her sister instead), Coach Brian will still be coming for Luna for her Short program. Luna even told her uncle to not bother as she can manage herself fine and to focus on Yuzuru instead. But this was immediately turned down with Uncle Brian saying "Nonsense. You're my niece. I wouldn't miss even one of your performances for the world. Besides, who knows what you might do and what would happen. You're a hardheaded brat after all."

Sky also relayed Luna's message to Coach Tracy to assure the others that she's fine and that she needs some time for herself. She's sure that once they meet again, words of comfort are going to overflow from them and she's going to straight up breakdown. 

And she promised herself that yesterday was the last of it. Like she said, she's ready to let go.

Luna is now prepping for her turn after Zhenya's perfect short program.

If they were under normal circumstances, she would feel nervous and excited at the same time. She would even hug Zhenya on her way to the Kiss and Cry to congratulate her with her flawless performance.

But it just wasn't the case. Overnight, everything changed. All she could do was muster a small smile and a nod towards Zhenya who returned it with her own. 

Luna didn't hear the scores. She doesn't have to. And partly because she was drowned in her own thoughts to mind it.

She takes a small sip from her water bottle and grabs a tissue from her new RJ tissue box (courtesy of her loving brother, Sky), Uncle Brian interrupts her thoughts.

"Hey. Its okay. Just do what you always do." He sincerely said as he gives her a serious yet caring gaze. 

Not really sure if she took her Uncle's advice by heart but she just nodded to not cause him anymore worries.

"The final skater from Canada, Saito Luna-san"

Luna doesn't know if it was because she was half Japanese but the crowd applauded loudly as she took her place at the center of the rink. To not look rude at least, she plastered a small smile.

From afar, Zhenya could see how Luna faked a smile. It wasn't her. She continued to observe Luna who looks more exhausted than usual, eyebags still visible underneath that thick layer of makeup. She could do nothing else but worry for her best friend. 

Luna's piece started and as if distracted, she was half a step late. An uncharacteristic mistake for her.