xxix.

Luna's POV

Last night was a night I'll never forget. 

The opening ceremony of the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics was marvelous. The whole thing was just breathtaking and don't get me started on that drone light show.

However, what I marveled at the most was the lighting of the torch which was done by the one and only, Yuna Kim. For my whole career, she has been the only female skater I look up to. I also idolize other skaters but the technique and elegance that Yuna Kim has is just different. 

And now, I also idolize Yuzu for the same thing. Though some people may beg to differ, I still think Yuzu and Yuna Kim are the GOATs in figure skating. I wanna be one to, but to be called that, you have to be working your ass off for years. And time isn't on my side so...

"Earth to Luna! Chica, you've been spacing out a lot. You're missing all the excitement!" Javi said with his hand waving in front of my space pulling me out of my thoughts. I turn my attention to Yuzu and Javi who were worriedly looking at me. I look at my hand as Yuzu placed his, gently squeezing mine.

"Chill you guys. I'm still just starstruck is all from seeing Yuna Kim last night. I just thought about Yuzu and her being the GOATs in the sport, you know. I'd love to be one one day but..." I say, silently whispering the last sentence in Japanese but of course, Yuzu heard it because he's so attentive to me.

"You want to talk about it?" Yuzu leaned closer and whispered. I only look at him and smiled before shaking my head no. "Maybe later? Let's watch first! I hope Patrick and Meagan and Eric do well so they qualify for the free." I said as I turn back my attention to the ongoing Ice Dance short of the Team's event.

"Maia and Alex are competing right? I hope they nail it. Tessa and Scott are just, woah." I continue trying to avert the conversation another way. From my peripheral vision, I can only see Yuzuru sigh as he continued to caress the back of my hand. 

"Shouldn't you be there with your team though?" Javi asked, pointing to where Team Canada was sitting. All of them were looking around kind of searching for someone.

My eyes widen in realization.

Well, shit... 

"Bye Yuzu. Bye Javi. See you later!" I bolt up, pecked Yuzu on the cheek quickly and gave a side hug to Javi as I dash away from the two and head downstairs to where my team is. 

-timeskip-

To be honest, I wasn't able to sleep because of a whirlwind of emotions. I'm excited but at the same time, anxious and nervous. Normally, I wouldn't feel even a bit nervous but maybe because the scale of the Olympics is so massive that its getting to me.

Yuzu was nice enough to visit me in my room this morning and comfort me just to calm the echoing thoughts inside my head. Yesterday after the team's event, I told him what I was thinking and unsurprisingly, he always knows what to say. And with a snap of the fingers, all my worries vanished like magic.

Currently, we just stepped onto the ice as the man's free for the team event just ended and it was time for our warm up. Its a good thing Kaetlyn did great yesterday enough for us to qualify for the free. I remember her giving me a glare jokingly because I came to the team late. Tessa and Scott, too. Geez. They're scary.