xxxviii.

3rd Person's POV

"The last skater from Canada, please welcome, Luna Saito."

With a smile and a nod from his uncle and coach, Brian Orser, Luna skated towards the center without forgetting to smile and wave to everyone. Though the arena erupted with deafening cheers, it was no doubt that they also held their breaths for the young lady. As of now, Alina Zagitova is in the lead in terms of the total score as her free skate score and Zhenya's are tied at 156.65.

Even though Luna's in the lead after the short, she still needs to top that 156.65 free skate score from Alina to have a chance of snatching the gold medal. That's what the commentators are probably saying as Luna thought to herself. More exactly, she needs at least 156.33 to win the gold. But she has decided. She is NOT going to win a gold medal with such a narrow gap.

She needs to surpass her season's best which is 151.67, the score she got back during the Canadian Nationals. How is she going to do that? Well, that would mean an absolutely flawless skate, GOEs of no less than 4, and her choreographic, step sequences, and spins not leveled down to 3. 

Everyone inside the arena knows that. Tracy and Brian know that. Javi, Zhenya, Jason, and all of her friends know that. Yuzuru knows that. But he doesn't really care about her score now, does he? Her coming back to him is the most important thing right now. Yuzuru wants Luna to win, he believes he can, but he also wants her back in his arms safe and sound. 

Yuzuru's eyes tremble while biting his lip as Luna poses in the middle of it all, getting ready to start her program. 

*play the music*

As soon as she started, everyone was immediately entranced by her graceful and elegant movements. Just like the music, she looks magical on the ice. If it weren't for all of her jumps placed on the second half of the program, people would mistake it as an ice show performance. 

From her toepicks up to her fingertips, her perfect posture and face full of emotions, no one would think that she's dying. One could only imagine the pain she had to go through when she had to quit the thing she's most passionate about in the world. Although she came back, she still faced countless challenges both physical and emotional just to get to where she is now. 

But all of that pain immediately washed away thinking about the memories she made when she got back to skating. Luna made friends she never thought she would; friends that would go to the moon and back just for her. Of course, not to mention her family who was nothing less than supportive. Luna can never thank them enough, especially his older brother Sky, for being there all the time whenever she needs him. Though they bicker and argue a lot, Sky is the most reliable person Luna has. Coach Tracy and of course, Uncle Brian who has been patient with her since day 1 as everyone knows Luna's probably the most hard-headed skater they have. Luna thinks she's actually memorized all the pep talk her Uncle gave her throughout the season. 

With those thoughts running through her head, she passes through her step and choreo sequence without a problem. It was probably the most perfect one she was able to execute even before when she was a junior while she was physically healthy.

Unconsciously, she smiles to herself thinking of nothing else but the people who have made her life worthwhile. After executing her combination spin, she now transitions to the second half of her program. Once again, despite the deafening cheers, the ooh's and ahh's, the crowd is still holding their breaths.