xxiv.

Yuzuru's POV

It had been hell for the past weeks. 

And it all started when I hurt Luna. Like dominoes, one by one, everything started falling down. What we built for the past how many months just came crumbling down with one, little push. 

I had to stay in Japan since I wasn't fit to travel and come back to Canada. You may ask, why did I let Luna go like that? 

Well, at first, hearing those words come of Luna's mouth made my heart crack and break into millions of pieces. That's why as easily as that, I gave up. However, as soon as I walked out Luna's hospital room that day, Sky immediately followed me to my room to talk. 

"She needs you."

"Out of everyone here, besides me of course, you should know that she didn't mean what she said."

"Luna said those things because of her condition. Yuzuru, she's lying. She loves you. I know you know that."

"Don't give up on her."

Those are just some of the things Sky said to me that day. I didn't want to believe him. It seemed like Luna really didn't love me anymore and that she wants me to leave her alone. 

But as the days passed by, I pondered over everything, especially on the memories we made. That's when everything fell into place again and I internalized everything that Sky said. 

Luna's the strongest person I know. She has been going through a lot and has probably been keeping her emotions to herself and on that day, I ruined her. (A/N : Innocent minds, ppl. Innocent minds.)

That's why I decided to go back to Canada and watch her Free Skate at the Canadian Nationals. It wasn't easy convincing Coach Brian and my doctor back in Japan, though. I literally did not do anything to strain my ankle so I would be allowed to travel.

And here I am. I'm trying to convince Javi to wheel me out so I could see Luna's performance. 

"Come on, Javi. No one will notice. Look, the media are on the other side and the audience will be too pre-occupied with Luna's program. Please?"

"You know Coach Brian said to keep you inside the room backstage right? There's a TV there where you can watch her." Javi replied with hesitation.

"Please? I just... I want to watch her in person again..." I whisper silently.

After a few moments of silence, I hear Javi sigh deeply.

"Fine. But we'll go back immediately before her scores are announced and you're going to wait for her instead. Understood?" He said with a worried look plastered on his face.