xxxix.

3rd Person's POV

Life is indeed unfair. You're never going to know how fate is going to play with you. You can be the nicest, most hard-working, selfless person in the world, and fate wouldn't give a damn. At this point, it's your turn to ask.

"Why is it that it's always the good people who die first?"

It comes to a point that if the person leaving is someone who means everything to you, you'd plead and beg to take their place. You'd want to carry their burden and transfer all the pain they're feeling to yourself even though you know deep inside that it's not possible. You're desperate to keep them alive. 

Desperate for them to stay. With you.

Once you finally realize that you won't be able to do all of that, you'd say you'd go with them, telling them that life isn't worth living anymore without their existence. It will never be the same. Losing them would be like a huge scar that no medicine can erase. A hole that can never be closed. A deep, dark void you'll never be able to leave. 

These thoughts keep running and running around a particular man's head as he continued to pace back and forth in the hallway. He was scared. Terrified. Though he said it before, he didn't actually mean it. He wasn't ready to lose her. 

Along with the scuffling of his feet against the cold pavement of the hospital floors, his hands tremble not because of the cold temperature but because of the possible outcome of what just happened a few hours ago.

The free program commenced after about half an hour of being halted. Everyone inside the arena was taken aback. The whole world witnessed what just happened. They were shocked, nervous, and scared for the poor girl. However, they are still left speechless at the flawless free skate program she just did. However, no one knew of her true condition. They could easily mistake it as fatigue after pulling off a performance of such high difficulty and artistry. 

Yuzuru was pulled away from his thoughts when the doctor exited the room where Luna is in. As soon as he saw him walk out, Yuzuru ran towards him along with Sky, Brian, and Luna's parents. 

Luna's mom, who is being supported by her dad, immediately spoke up with tears flowing from her eyes. "How is she doctor? Please tell me she's okay. P-please tell me my daughter's fine."

Sky, attempting to hold back his own tears, reached out a hand to his mom to carress her back and attempt to calm her down. At this point, everything that Luna said to him that night is slowly coming back to him. It's too soon Luna. Not now. He thought.

Yuzuru look at the doctor expectantly waiting for him to smile and say that everything is all good. That's she's doing perfect. That she's no longer dying. 

But alas. The doctor could only bite his lip, his eyes trembling as he looked down briefly to avoid the gazes of Luna's family . To Yuzuru, it was not a good sign. 

"Doctor?" Sky asked again making the doctor heave a deep sigh before looking at each and every one of them. 

"I'm going to be honest. It's not looking good at all. Her condition has worsened as she's also hypertensive. It seems that she really just gave up at trying to get treated. The only thing we did for her was just to perform CPR and bring her back. But..." The doctor trailed off making everyong listening to them hold their breaths.

"But what doctor? What's wrong? She's okay, right?" Mr. Saito spoke up, tears already falling from his cheeks but he still attempts to calm her wife down.