Chapter 24

The weather was fine, and the three of Uncle Xu went down early in the morning to weed and turn the ground. They were all honest and honest farmers. They didn't need to supervise them. Shen Yanbei went and took a look and went home.

Zhou Yu came to report on time, and Gu Changfeng watched Shen Yanbei's work while staring at him practicing basic skills.

"What is this?"

"Pick the seeds." Shen Yanbei said, picking out the big, full-grained corn from the spread seeds and placing them in the dustpan on the side. The family’s eight acres of paddy fields are planted with rice, which produces enough food for the two older men. He plans to grow corn, beans, sweet potatoes, and peanuts on the six acres of dry land, which are delicious crops that do not require much effort to manage. As for green vegetables, the farmer’s yard is large enough to raise chickens and pigs to grow vegetables. When the parents of the original owner were there, there was a vegetable plot in the backyard. Two days ago, his wife helped weed and loosen the soil. He sprinkled some seeds and planted some fruits and vegetables.

After listening, Gu Changfeng knelt down to help pick the seeds.

Zhou Yu looked at the two quietly picking seeds, and felt that his cognition had been refreshed again. After coming to Shen Yanbei's home, he found that Shen Yanbei and the Shen Xiucai in his memory were different, and he felt that this person had his own way of dealing with others and the directors. It's not the way that scholars rely on talents and things, but puts reason first.

He was not so impressed at first, but who made his master a bad word, and was always bullied by Shen Xiucai. But this is not a bad thing. Shen Xiucai loves bullying but also knows how to cherish people. If he hadn't seen it with his own eyes, he couldn't believe that the gentle and handsome Shen Xiu would have fallen in love with such a unique pair of his master. Outside the village, he has never seen a man and his wife who are like them, but they are sticky and sticky.

However, if this is the interest between the two, I can understand...

"Enough." Shen Yanbei sifted the dustpan and poured the corn seeds inside into a jar with water.

"Soak in water?" Gu Changfeng was curious. He has never planted the ground, so he can just bury the seeds directly in the soil.

"No, this is the urine of a boy with a hook." Shen Yanbei smiled slightly.

Hearing this, Zhou Yu, who was struggling with a horse, felt soft and almost knelt down.

"Boy pee?" Gu Changfeng frowned, "What's the use?"

"The seeds are soaked before sowing to allow the seeds to absorb enough water to speed up the germination rate, increase the number of seeds germinating, and ensure that the seeds germinate quickly and neatly. This is the accelerating germination." Shen Yanbei explained, "While soaking the urine, It can make the seedlings of corn seeds stronger and increase the yield.” The land here is still quite fertile, but the yield per mu is not high. He thought about it, besides the problem of fertilizer, there may be a problem of seed quality. Without modern fertilizers for top dressing, he can only use soil methods to increase the competitiveness of the plants.

And he doesn't plan to use ordinary methods to grow corn.

Zhou Yu's eyes widened when he heard this. Isn't this Shen Xiucai a scholar? Why are you so proficient in farming all of a sudden?

Gu Changfeng didn't continue to ask, because he only needed to see how Shen Yanbei did it.

The next day, the spring was warm and warm, and the fields were full of busy figures of villagers ploughing in spring. The sowing and planting of seedlings by the villagers were in full swing.