Chapter 94

The army went out to meet the enemy, and the remaining soldiers were not idle. Prepared, Tai Qigang immediately ordered people to set up traps outside Guyang Pass, dig trenches, set up horse-riding stakes, and spread iron tribulus. Shen Yanbei was not idle either. Although he didn't know how to fight a serious battle, he could still get some gadgets that would add chaos to the barbarian cavalry.

No one had invented explosives or drugs this year, but firecrackers were available. When he went to Suiyang City with the adjutant in charge of procurement that day, he wandered around the city and found that there were many workshops for making firecrackers in the city. It turned out that there were saltpeter mines and sulfur mines nearby. Craftsmen who made firecrackers collected the ore and processed them into firecrackers. Firecrackers in many counties and prefectures of Daqi are produced here, and they are often bought by vendors in large quantities, and then shipped to other prefectures and counties to earn the difference. Therefore, the price of firecrackers is more expensive, and ordinary people are not willing to buy them.

But firecrackers in the place of origin are not worth a lot of money. Shen Yanbei did not buy firecrackers, but hired someone to make firecrackers directly according to the size he gave.

Shen Yanbei has never made □□. He only knows that □□ is made by mixing potassium nitrate, sulfur and charcoal powder in proportion, but he doesn't have time to study it, and this thing is too dangerous. To be safe, he just asked the craftsman to increase the dose of gunpowder on the basis of making the most powerful firecrackers, and added something else to it by the way.

There is a war on the border. It is estimated that vendors will not go north to buy firecrackers this year. At first, the craftsmen who made firecrackers were worried that they would not be able to make a lot of money for the New Year this year, but the appearance of Shen Yanbei gave everyone a sigh of relief.

Considering that the battle was just around the corner, Shen Yanbei waved his hand and hired all the craftsmen to make firecrackers for him. In just a few days, he made a large number of larger firecrackers.

Looking at the firecrackers that had been charged, the corner of Shen Yanbei's mouth was slightly bent. The barbarian cavalry dared to come, so he let them taste this unique taste.

It was night, as usual, with soldiers patrolling outside the barracks, and the opposite wasteland was quiet, except for the sound of the howling of the cold wind.

In the handsome tent, the remaining generals gathered together, the military division waved the feather fans, and slowly said: "The army has only been out for one day, and it can't go far. If there is still time to attack the camp at this moment, the barbarians will not return tonight. ."

Some generals were puzzled: "Where are so many barbarians?"

"Urato King Uso today is a very ambitious and crazy man. The opponent may send out all the troops to make a desperate move, or it is possible that our scout sees an illusion." The military commander looked solemnly, "No matter what kind of possibility, we can't take it lightly. "If the enemy forces really tune the tiger away from the mountain and hit the west, then they will do their best to let the barbarians come and go!

The generals below still don't believe it, their scouts are all experienced people, and it's impossible to look bad! But the military order was like a mountain, everyone still followed Tai Qigang's instructions, and continued to send soldiers to take turns to set up traps ahead.

The night passed calmly. When Shen Yanbei woke up in the morning, he found that there was no more snow outside, but the temperature dropped sharply, and the cold wind was like a knife, and he couldn't help but shrink his neck.