Chapter 50

"Okay, okay!" Shen Dezhong smiled and looked at the golden rice wave in front of him, with a look even happier than the host, Shen Yanbei.

"The sun is shining, Uncle Zhong, let's go over there." The scorching sun was sky, and just standing under the sun for less than a moment felt hot. Shen Yanbei had to speak out.

Shen Dezhong smiled and nodded, and followed Shen Yanbei to the side of the shade of the tree.

"Did the fish rush to the ditch?" The rice is dried in the first half of the month before harvesting, that is, the water in the field is drained. On the one hand, it is convenient to harvest rice, and on the other hand, it accelerates the maturity of rice. There are fishes in Shen Yanbei's field. If the water is drained, the fish will have to be moved.

"Yes." He decided to raise fish at the beginning, and specifically instructed Uncle Xu to dig the ridge of the ridge when they were preparing the ground, so that they could raise fish in the ditch while drying the field.

Admired by Shen Yanbei's detailed plan, Shen Dezhong said happily, "The weather is good these few days. Once the rice is harvested, it has to be dried and put away." Shen Yanbei is a talented scholar and does not need to pay taxes. Can enter the warehouse directly after doing it.

"I know." Shen Yanbei replied. There is no grain at home, and the coarse grains he ate before were bought. He had to save a part of these grains and grind them to eat. The peasants here have worked hard for a year and paid taxes. They don’t have much food left. The white rice that is milled out is usually reserved for Chinese New Year and New Year holidays. They rarely eat white rice on weekdays. But he has eaten white rice for more than 20 years. Although coarse grain rice can be accepted, the taste is not good. Now the family is not short of money or food, so he doesn't need to wrong himself.

Shen Dezhong stroked his beard and felt relieved. Thinking of the villagers' request, the joy on his face faded, and he looked at Shen Yanbei a little hesitantly.

Seeing that he was hesitant to speak, Shen Yanbei raised his eyebrows: "What happened to Uncle Zhong?"

Shen Dezhong asked tentatively: "Yanbei, your method of raising fish, rice and duck together now seems feasible. Have you ever thought about expanding the scale of farming? Have you thought about buying land?" One hundred acres of fertile land is a famous landlord in these ten miles and eight townships! Now that there are only a dozen acres of farmland left in despair, he does not know whether Shen Yanbei had any idea to restore the glory of the Shen family.

"Buy it, buy some more to round up." The restaurant now receives several hundred taels a month. The money is also kept, so it's better to use it for something else.

"It's good to buy land, it's good to buy land! It's no shame that you can exempt 80 mu of land tax under your name!" Shen Dezhong sighed with relief.

Shen Yanbei was puzzled, instinctively what Shen Dezhong wanted to say was related to his exemption of 80 mu of land tax.

"Someone in the village saw that your harvest is good this year, so they moved a little bit. I want to put the land under your name, and I want to raise fish, rice and duck together like you..." Shen Dezhong was not as embarrassed to say it. Although this idea did not harm Shen Yanbei's interests, it made people feel uncomfortable. Moreover, Shen Yan Beiruo was still a self-respecting temperament in the past, and the villagers did not dare to think so!

Shen Yanbei was taken aback, and then shook his head: "I can teach you the method of raising fish, rice and duck together, but you can't put the ground under my name." It is all in the same village without suffering from widowhood and unevenness. Not a direct blood relative, he helped some people be exempt from taxes, and other villagers would inevitably feel that he treated them differently.