Chapter 48

People in the surrounding villages have heard about the bears in the mountains, but no one believed it at first. After all, everyone has lived here for so many years and there has been no large beast attacking people. The people of Lijiacun scolded the people of Shenjiacun for being unpredictable and spread rumors, the purpose is to prevent everyone from going up the mountain, so as to monopolize resources, so that everyone will not be caught! He was kindly treated as a donkey's liver and lungs and was beaten upside down. Shen Dezhong was so angry that he almost didn't yell at him. He threw the bear's paw on the opponent's face. But everyone was still dubious.

Shen Yanbei has nothing to say about this, others haven't met him, but he did, blame him for the fragrant chicken, or blame the black bear for being too greedy?

Whether he believes it or not, he has been notified, and he has done his best!

Two days later, it will be the May Festival. In addition to making rice dumplings, the custom here also uses methods such as hanging colorful gourds, tying colorful ropes, drinking realgar wine, wearing sachets, etc. to help the family members get rid of diseases, avoid evil and help luck.

A big man in Shen Yanbei naturally doesn't know how to make colorful gourds and weave colorful ropes, but the villagers prepared them for him. The aunts in the village said that his daughter-in-law was injured and it was inconvenient to do this, so they sent him what they had done, and they also comforted him that he would be lucky if he survived the disaster, so that his daughter-in-law would take care of the injury.

Shen Yanbei wondered why the villagers suddenly became so enthusiastic. Shen Dezhong took a breath of dry smoke and said, "Everyone, I am grateful for you to remove the black bear." The villagers of these villages have to go to the mountains and get firewood. , Picking herbs, and hunting game, Gu Changfeng was brought back with his head covered in blood, and the villagers were shocked. These days are too easy and they forget that there are cannibal beasts on the mountain.

Shen Yanbei knew it, and took out the dumplings he had wrapped: "This is the dumplings I wrapped. Uncle Zhong, please try it." The dumplings wrapped by the villagers here have an ordinary candied date and mung bean flavor. The package is a modern luxury version of rice dumplings, mung bean pork dumplings, salted egg yolk meat dumplings.

Knowing that Shen Yan Beibao's zongzi was different, Shen Dezhong was not polite with him and accepted it directly.

"There is something else I want to discuss with Uncle Zhong." Shen Yanbei took out a jar of capers. "This is my pickled capers. It's hot, everyone has a bad appetite, and it's time to eat something sour for dinner. This jar will give you a fresh taste."

"Caper beans?" Shen Dezhong took the jar and just opened the seal, a strong sour smell floated out.

"You can use it to stir-fry minced pork with porridge, or make stuffing to make buns." Shen Yanbei said, "This thing is well preserved and can be stored for a year. I want to buy some beans with the villagers to pickle sour. Beans." The capers are good for cooking or side dishes. The most important thing is that they are cheap and delicious. As the shopkeeper Liu at the restaurant said, the new dishes are quite popular with customers.

Shen Dezhong asked the wife to take a clean spoon and dig out some to taste it. The irritating acid made him squint: "It's quite sour!" The acid of tamarind beans is not the same as that of sauerkraut, but it is equally irritating. Taste buds.

"This tamarind is troublesome to pickle? How long can you eat?"

"It's not troublesome, it can be eaten for two or three days as short, and as long as one day." The method of sauerkraut here is more cumbersome and troublesome, and it must be fermented in a jar for about a month before it can be used. In contrast, the advantages of capers obvious.