H u s t l e ⚡️

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

We woke up the next morning and went downstairs to check on Jo'nae and Demarcus. They were laid up sleeping in her room.

"They so bipolar." Jay said closing the door back.

We made breakfast and went to go wake them up.

"Damn ya whipped it up in here." Demarcus said rubbing his eyes.

I made their plates and Jay's before making my own. I had mainly sausages on my plate and a waffle ion really like all those other things.

"Damn you gon finish that whole plate Ashanti?" I knodded and went to get apple juice.

"Duh she's eating for two" NaeNae said smiling.

"What?" Demarcus looked at us. His jaw slowly dropped. "Oh!" He said pointing at Jay and I. "Ya pregnant?!" We all laughed and I knodded.

"Yes. I am. Nae didn't tell you?"

"No! Didn't I ask you if anything was new yesterday? You said no. I think a seed in her tummy is pretty new!" He looked in shock.

"Jay you gon be dad...Ou. When did this become a whore house!" We all laughed again.

"Relax, De." Jay said. "Besides you finna be an uncle." I took my apple juice and poured it in a cup.

"No. Bae. No. Where's the orange juice?" Jay said pointing at my cup.

"Ion like that." They all looked at me.

"What??" They said in sync.

"Ion like orange juice apple juice is superior." I sat down and drank my juice while I ate my food.

"Well, I think orange juice is superior mrs.girl" Demarcus said sipping his juice.

We sat and talked for a little while we ate when we heard a knock at the door.

"Sheriff's Department."

I locked eyes with Jay.

"Why are they here?" I whispered to him. He shrugged his shoulders. I got up from the table and made my way to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw three sheriffs on the other side.

Shit. There here for Jay, I just know it!

I take a deep breathe and open the door a crack.

"Goodmorning ma'am." One of them said with his hands on his belt. "We're sorry to bother you. We are looking for Jay'shawn Lawson. We were told he would be at this address ." I gave them a deep glare before Jay came up behind me and pulled open the door.

"Are you Jay'shawn Lawson?" One of them asked.

"Yea that's him." I heard a familiar voice coming from behind the sheriffs.

"You are under arrest for the kidnapping of Dre Johnson." Jay looked at me. He mouthed "Trap Safe" to me. I knodded and gave him a kiss before they took him away. As they turned with him in handcuffs I saw Rachel and Nicole standing by their car.

"Are you fuckin serious?" I heard NaeNae say behind me.

"Don't worry about it. We got them." I said as I watched them put my baby in the back of a police car and drive off with him.

I felt my eyes stinging. Seeing him being out in the back of a cop car gave me flashbacks. So far every man that has stepped into my life to change it was put in handcuffs and taken from me. I gave Rachel a glare before returning into the house. We stood in silence.

"Ion get it." Demarcus said pacing back and forth.

"How did she know it was Jay? He's never messy with business he picks up every little piece!"

"Don't even worry about." NaeNae said. "Imma handle that bitch." I looked at her and she wasn't playing. She had the same face she had on when she came back to see me in the hospital that day they laced my weed.

I was quiet. He told Trap Safe. What about it? Trap safe. I kept repeating that over and over in my head.

"Ya got a safe at the trap." I asked Demarcus. He knodded. "We gotta go than." I said calmly putting my shoes one.

I remained calm this entire time. Mainly because I didn't want to get my emotions worked up. I'm pregnant and these hormones make me way more emotional than usual. My main focus is getting my other half back.

We got to the trap and made our way upstairs. He opened the door to Jays office and let me in. I searched through the closet of the office and I saw a safe on the back on the wall. I sat on the floor and stared at the keypad.

Shit what's the number. It's a 4 digit code.

I thought it was his birthday, wrong, my birthday, wrong. I had one more try.

09.15. Yesterday was the day we started dating.

I slowly typed in 0..9..1..5.  The safe unlocked. I smiled hard. He made the day we started dating his passcode.

(Giving me very much middle school vibes.)

I started tearing up.

This damn hormones made me so pussy.

I opened the safe and there was papers, money, and burner phones. I took three of the burner phones, a stack of papers and closed it back. I sat at his desk with the papers and looked through them.

One of the folders were labeled "12 in".

I opened it up and read the letter he had written.

If you're reading this than more
than likely, I got caught up. No matter
how minor the situation can be stick with Demarcus. He knows this shit like the
back of his hand. Atleast I think he does. He should. He's just slow asl.

I giggled a little. Demarcus is slow.

Don't be afraid. You got baby girl. I need you to get me out of here. The longer they hold me the more more I can't handle the situation. I'm pretty sure you saw the burner phones. Use them. You not dumb. You lived in NY. I'm pretty sure you know how to use a burner phone.

I laughed.

You will have saved numbers on the phone those numbers you will call and someone will answer the phone. All you have to say is "12 in" the person on the other end of the phone would understand what that means. After you call them hang up right after. I have a ski mask in the top left corner of my desk. Wear it.

I opened the drawer and saw the mask.

Whatever you do. Do not say your name, Do not show your face. You're a smart girl you know what to do.

- Jay

I ran my finger across Jay's name before turning the page. It was ways I can get the money to bail him out. It was what I am supposed to say or do when I'm confronted about the issue. But most importantly who to stay away from. I read them and studied them before returned the stack back to the safe. I slipped the burner phone in my pocket and held the ski mask as I left the office.

I went downstairs to NaeNae and Demarcus. They were looking at me.

"Anything?" NaeNae said. I knodded my head.

"We got shit to do." I tied my hair up in a ponytail.

"But it's not going to be easy."

—————————————————————

This is a long story so I try to post like a chapter or two a day. So this one is coming out now and "Hustle prt.2" is coming out later today. I hope you enjoy.❤️