A & I

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY 📍

I'ts been two days and I already talked to Jo'nae about the whole Laura situation and she didn't show no remorse or nothing. I don't blame her though. I would be on demon time too if a bitch set up my nigga.

But today is the "big" day. I meet up with my mom. Im really nervous on how it would go because last time I seen her she was buggin out. I don't plan on telling Jay because I know he would be mad at me again. So I just turned my location off.

I finished up my hair and grabbed my purse of the bed and walked down the stairs and out the house. 8 months pregnant ain't built for stairs.

——

We were planning to meet up at 3:00

We were planning to meet up at 3:00. It is now 3:20 and she's still not here. I was getting ready to get up and leave when she walked through the door.

"Ashanti." She said approaching the table. "Sorry Im late."

I looked at her and she looked fucked up in the face. She looked like she ain't have no sleep, no shower, no food, no nothing. Her hair was messed up but her clothes were just fine. She had on a black Givenchy sweater and jeans.

"Its fine." I said opening the menu.

"Wow, you're so big. How long are you?" She asked awkwardly.

"8 months."

She nodded and looked out the window. It was so awkward. I was nervous asl. My mom is very bipolar, manipulative, and controlling. I used to think I could change her as a kid but I lost myself trying to do so. 

" Im happy you reached out to me. I think we need a new start. You are my daughter and I do love you. I always have."

I cringed. That word coming out her mouth just doesn't feel good."

"Then why did you treat me the way you did?"

She let out a deep breath and sat back. "That was the past Ashanti."

"That doesn't mean Im over it. That shit hurts."

"Language." She said looking at me. I looked back at her with a mug.

"Anyways. Like I was saying that shit hurts. Its like every time you had a chance to be a mom you didn't. But you didn't hesitate to treat Stephanie like she was your own."

"Can you stop Ashanti?"

"Why? Because you can't handle the truth finally being told to you?" I said with anger building up. My eyes started to water.

"You never asked me for attention."

"Are you serious? Im your kid I shouldn't have to ask you for attention." I yelled.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me! I am still your mother no matter what! I put a roof over your head, clothes on your back, and food in your stomach and you aren't satisfied?"