S e e d 🍼

Demarcus Wayne, NJ📍

It's been three months since the incident with Jo'nae happened. I've been very supportive to her. But she makes it so hard. She pushes me away a lot even when I jus try to be there for her.

"Baby. Come on. What's wrong?" I said sitting next to her on the bed.

She was getting ready to bury herself in her blankets again. She's been doing this for the past 3 months. I understand she is going through something but she needs to communicate so I can support her.

"Nothing, I'm fine I just want to sleep." She told me pulling the blankets over her.

"You've been sleeping all day! Come on let's go do something." I said pulling the sheets off her.

"Like what?"

"I don't even know. You want to go do some shopping for Ashanti's gender reveal?" Her face lit up when I said that and a bright smile grew across her face.

"But we don't even know the gender yet we get the papers later today."

"I know. That doesn't mean we can't do some looking around." She nodded and got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

She took a shower brushed her teeth got dressed and came out to me.

"How I look?" She said spinning.

"Damn ma." I said looking her up and down. She smiled and grabbed my hand leading me out the room.

"Where you guys goin?" Ashanti said coming towards us.

She was holding her belly. It had grown so much bigger. It makes me happy when I see her belly. Cause I know I gotta lil homie in there waiting to come out I can't wait to be an uncle.

"We going to do some searching for your gender reveal." Jo'nae said with a smile.

"I'm happy to see you smile." Ashanti said pulling Jo'nae in for a hug. Her belly caused them to have a weird looking hug that made me laugh.

"Whatchu laughin for!" She said pulling away. I quickly shook my head and grabbed Jo'nae's hand walking out the house with her.

"Alright first we go to the mall." She said taking her phone out.

We drove for a little bit before we arrived at the mall. We got out the car and made our way through the parking lot.

"Hold on bae." I said taking my phone out. I stepped back from her and snapped some pictures while she was posing.

She was coming back. Slowly. Her smile is starting to look real again. And I'm happy for her.

I picked one of the photos and posted it on my Instagram. "That's all me. 😋@naenae". I clicked post and it went to my page.

We first went into Target and got gender neutral blankets, bibs, and bottles.

"Bae why you getting this when we supposed to be planning the party."

"Shhhhh." She said putting her hand out to me.

We went into the baby clothing aisle looking for gender neutral clothing but it was hard!

I looked over at Jo'nae and she was holding up a pair of shorts for a boy. She was admiring them. She let out a sigh before folding them and putting them back on the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as she walked past me.

"Nothing. I'm fine. We need to go to party city after we leave here." I walked over to her and kissed her forehead.