M o m m a A a l i y a h 💕

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

"Bae come on or we gon be late!" Jay said from downstairs. I was trying to zip up my coat over my bump. I heard his footsteps walking in the room and then his laugh.

"Ma, what are you doing?" He said taking the coat off of me. "Just wear your trench coat I bought you." He went in the closet and got it for me and I put it on. "Now hurry, I miss my momma."

We pulled up to Panchero's and parked the car. It was 5:15. We got out and walked into the restaurant. I wasn't sure who I was looking for because I didn't know a face I just knew a name.

"There she is bae." Jay said pointing across the room. We made our way in that direction and she smiled at me.

 We made our way in that direction and she smiled at me

I smiled back but harder. She's so pretty. And she looks so young. I can see where Jay gets his smile from though. She rose from her seat and came up to us.

"Hi, My names Ashanti, it's nice to finally meet you." I said going to shake her hand. She moved my hand out the way and pulled me into a hug. It was one of those warm hugs that would heal your heart.

"Hi, Ashanti! You can call me Aaliyah you don't have to call me Mrs. Lawson." She said pulling away.

"Jay Jay!" She pulled him down to hug her properly. "I missed you baby boy."

"I missed you to." He said to her. But he looked kind of irritated. I gave him a look and he shook his head. He helped me in the seat and we looked over the menu.

"So, Ashanti, where are you from?"

"I'm from New York. I moved her a while back."

"How was it there?"

"It was...something."

"Girl, I know that's right. They be wild over there. I used to go up there with my homegirls all the time before I had Jay."

I looked over at him and he was looking down at the menu. I got irritated because like why aren't you engaging in the conversation.

"Good Evening, welcome to Panchero's what drinks could I get you guys." The waitress said as she took out her notepad.

"Can I get a iced tea," Jay said to her. "Whatchu want bae?"

"Same."

"Can I get two Iced teas and whatever she wants." He said gesturing to Aaliyah. I smacked his arm cause that's mad rude.