L i e s

Jo'nae Mariè Andrews, NJ📍

"Bae. We got the last of everything we just need to put it in the hall for tomorrow." I said getting in the car.

He was staring off into space.

"Bae...Bae!" I yelled at him.

"Yea, My bad. I was just thinking."

"You've been thinking a lot lately. What's been going on?"

He shook his head and started tapping fingers on the door. Ever since we first rented the hall he has been so quiet and avoiding conversations with me. He doesn't even lay down with me no more. He just ignores that I'm here.

"Maybe you should go out some more. You always stay in your room on your phone. Try going to the clu-"

"No!" He said cutting me off.

I brushed it off and he started the car. We drove to the hall and dropped off all the decorations. We were making our way back home when Demarcus had to stop at the corner store. I sat in the car while I waited for him. His phone started to ring and it was a random number. I unplugged it from the aux cord and answered it, putting it to my ear.

732-336-8972
connecting...

De, When are you going to tell her. I'm tired of holding in this guilt. She seems like a nice girl. She doesn't deserve this.

My heart feel to the bottom of my stomach.

Who is this?!

The person on the other end hung up quickly. The voice in the other end sounded so familiar. It suddenly got hard to breathe and I couldn't think straight. Before I knew it I was bawling. Why? I don't know. I was confused, curious, mad, sad all in one. I started to move around in my seat a lot it's like nothing was comfortable. I looked down at the phone and the call log was up her call was the last call. Everything started flashing in and out.

—————————————————————

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

I woke up to my phone blowing up. I picked it up and it was Jo'nae. Why is she callin me at 11pm?!

NaeNae💛...
connecting...

Hel- Jo'nae what's wrong with you?

Ashanti. He- He's cheating. Ashanti. Somethings wrong and I don't know what it is.

What are you talkin about what's wrong?

I don't know. I'm jus shaking a lot and I can't breathe properly.

Okay. Nae calm down, turn on the light, I can't see you. Are you in the car?

Yes. Shanti. I don't feel good.

You're going to be okay calm down.

Right when I said that her phone dropped on the floor of the car.

Jo'nae! Jo'nae!

Shit!

"Baby wake up!" I said shaking Jay awake.