P u z z l e s 🧩

Jo'nae Marie Andrews, NJ📍

It's been two days since Demarcus and I found out the gender of the baby. We have a majority of the things we need. We jus have left the small things like foods, people, and the place. Ah shit. I'm not even going to worry about that cause Ashanti will help me with it.

"Bestieeeee." I said walking in her room. She was flat ironing her hair in front of her mirror.

"Wassup boo." She said parting her hair.

"You think you can help me with a few baby shower things after you come back?"

She's going on a date with Jay. He told me he's trying to make sure she knows she's his "one and only" since females tend to doubt it while their pregnant. But Ashanti hasn't been having any mood swings yet. She's been thuggin this pregnancy out.

"Of course. Whatchu need help with?"

"Just the people, food, and the baby registry list."

"Do I really have to make a list of things I want to suggest people to buy for me?"

"Yes! Trust me you'll be thanking them! Rachel didn't have a baby shower or any help and she was going through it! You have this opportunity. Take it!"

"Okay. We will figure that all out after this date." She said finishing the last of her hair. She pulled it all up into a high ponytail.

"Alright which one this red one or this black one." She said pulling out two sundresses. I pointed to the black one and she threw it on the bed along with a denim jean jacket and a bra and panty set.

"Ya fuckin today?" I asked her.

"Girl. Shit we might. Cause my hormones been acting up and he been lookin so damn good." She said smiling hard.

"Imma go shower." She took her clothes off the bed and went to the bathroom.

I hope she pinned her hair up.

Once she got out she came back in the room fully dressed but without shoes on.

"You should skip the makeup today. You look beautiful with your natural face." I said to her.

"Bitchhh, you right. Thank you boo." She leaned over and kissed my cheek. She went in her closet and got out some sneakers and a black purse.

"Alright this is it." She said standing up in front of her mirror. "How do I look?" She did a spin.

"You look great. But why you acting like this is your first date with him he takes you out all the time." I say laughing.

"Because he gives me butterflies every time I see him or hear his voice." She said smiling.

"Or the baby is kicking." I said

"Or that. But every time he makes me feel so womanly. I love him nae."

"You guys are meant for each other boo. Now come on he's waiting." I said getting off the bed and walking out the room with her in my hand.

—————————————————————

Jay'shawn Lawson, NJ 📍

I was standing at the bottom of the stairs on the phone when I saw Ashanti and Jo'nae walking down. I quickly tucked my phone and held my hand out for her and she took it.

"What was you doin?" She said looking up at me with mug.

"What you mean?"

"You tucked ur phone when you saw me."