Getting to know you

I drove behind their car, following them wherever we were going.

" WE ARE HAVING DINNER WITH CAPTAIN AMERICAAAAA" Jonah screamed for the 10th time.

" Jo if you keep screaming I'll turn around" I say sternly. That shuts him up. I chuckle at how excited this boy was. He was bouncing up and down even in his baby seat.

I see Carly's car halt in front of a small diner. I pull up a little farther from where they parked.

As soon as I undo Jonah's seat belt he jumps out and runs.

" JONAH !" I yell running after him.

My breathing gets heavier as I feel a knot in my chest. I really am not made for such situations. I turn and see Jonah in Chris's arms and I sigh relieved.

" J-Jonah y-you n-never d-do t-that" I say voice shaky due to the anxiety attack building up.

" Hey are you okay ?" Chris asks putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod.

" Yeah just a little anxiety that's all" I say taking deep breathes.

He keeps looking at me with concern. I turn to face him and smile softly. " I'm okay" I say once more. He seems to calm down.

" Let's go" Carly says snapping us back to reality. We walk inside and grab the booth in the corner of course.

Once we order the kids go to a little play area in diner, leaving only me, Carly and Chris on the table.

" So Erin where are you from ?" Carly asks

" Sudbury Boston" I answer with a smirk as I see their eyes go wide. I chuckle.

" Wow talk about small world" Chris says and I nod.

" What do you do there ?" Chris asks leaning on the table.

" I am a children's book author. But now I'm taking a little break to pursue my mother's dream" I say

" Wow how many books have you published so far ?" Carly asks

" 17 although only 10 were children's books, rest were on different topics. One I very much suggest people to read is about how I dealt with depression and Anxiety." I say sipping my water.

" Wow that's a lot of books. Wait you're Erin Margaret Taylor ?" Carly asks a little shocked

" Guilty" I say sheepishly.

" Wow my kids love your books, we have almost every book" she says

" See that's what I live for. I just love it when I'm around children." I say

" So what are you planning on doing during you break ?" Chris asks

" I am opening a little café/library back home. It was what my mother always wanted but before she could pursue her dream, cancer took away her life" I say sadly

" I'm so sorry" Chris says

"It's okay.." Then it hits me " oh hey you guys live there too so why don't you come to the opening next week ?" I ask secretly wishing they say yes because I sure do want to see and spend more time with Chris.

" We would love to" Chris says smiling.

"Great ! here's the name and address" I say handing them a small card.

    " Bean there, Read that" Chris reads the name of my café and chuckles.

" Had to do a lot of brainstorming and finally I came up with that" I say grinning.

Our food arrives and we dig in like hungry wolves. We make small talk and laughs and memories are shared. The whole time either I kept glancing at Chris or he kept glancing at me. Every time our eyes met I would feel heat creep up my cheeks.

What is happening to you Erin ?! Keep calm idiot !

We finish eating and I look at the time on my phone.

" Oh god !"I exclaim

" What happened ?" Chris asks getting up from his place.

" I have a flight to catch and I will have to leave now. I'm so sorry but it was a pleasure meeting you" I say outstretching my arm.

He just decides to ignore my arm and hugs me, I am taken aback but eventually hug back.

" Well I had a lot of fun too" he says. " Oh and here's my number you know if you want to talk later" he says handing me a piece of paper.

" Thanks." I say " here's mine" I say handing him my number.

" Oh wait wait !" I say as they start walking towards their car. They all turn around.

" Just a sec, I have something for the kids" I say running towards the car. I grab the book set that was supposed to come to stores two weeks later but I had an extra set so I thought why not ?

" Here you go kids" I hand them the book set and they start jumping up and down.

" Oh you didn't have to. But these books.. I've not heard about them before" Carly says glancing at the box

" Uh- Yeah they come into stores two weeks later, this one is the first authentic copy" I say

" Thank you again" she says and wave my hand " No worries" I say

" I'll see you next week then ?" I ask looking at Chris

" Yes" he says and I wave as they get into their car and drive off.

And then I pick Jonah up and walk towards my car.

# Chris's POV #

God, Erin was so nice ! I mean she was sweet, kind, funny. I couldn't wait to see her next week. I never felt so much attraction to someone I met just a few hours ago.

" Thinking about the girl of your dreams ?" Carly asks smirking

" Shut up" I say 

" Oh c'mon she's nice. I have to say that. I'm telling you, please keep her"

" What do you mean by 'keep her' ?" I ask chuckling

" You know what I mean" she says rolling her eyes.

Maybe she's right. She's always been good at judging people. Maybe I'll ask her out, but first I need to know more about her. Hopefully next week.

Hopefully.