Chapter 30

~A few months later~

I was sitting on the couch, editing my new book's draft, the final one before I sent it out to the publishers. Interestingly I was writing a Teenage romance fiction, it was supposed to be a 3 part series and this was the first one. Since the day I had announced this book people were going crazy all over the internet. I had to get a new phone just for my social media handling. It is so tiring to be honest. People bombard you if you forget to post for a week.

"What cover is more attractive bubba ?" I ask both Dodger and Cooper and then chuckle as they tilt their heads in confusion.

I almost throw my laptop off my lap when the front door slams shut. Just by the way the door slammed shut, I knew Chris had a bad day. I stay where I was as he walked in the room grumbling angrily under his breathe. Dodger and Cooper walked up to him but he walked past them and then I knew it was really bad. Because no matter what he never fails to pet them. Like never.

"Hey Babe, what's wrong ?" I ask massaging his tense shoulders. He turns around angrily.

"Nothing" he said coldly.

"C'mon babe, I know better than that" I argue and I knew it wasn't the best choice of words or actions.

"Oh yeah ? Then why don't you figure it out yourself Erica, Because I don't have to tell you every fucking detail of my day like a school child !!" He yelled and went to the bedroom, slamming the door in the process. 

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, removing the glasses. Dodger whimpered beside me sensing my distress. I smiled and scratched his ears.

"Don't worry bubba he'll come around" I say glancing towards the stairs once more, hoping he doesn't do something stupid.

I waited for him to come down for dinner but he didn't come so I ate along with my boys and left his dinner outside the bedroom. I left a note on the plate too.

Just talk to me when you calm down okay ? I'm not mad, I want to know what caused such an outburst. I'll be downstairs.

It was almost around 1 in the morning and I was still on my laptop typing away furiously because the deadline was nearing and I had the last 2 pages to re-check and I had to write the acknowledgements too. Once I finished my work it was 2.30 AM, so I grabbed a blanket and a pillow from the guest bedroom. I switched on the reruns for F.R.I.E.N.D.S  and laid on the couch. 

God knows when I fell asleep, but I woke up to sniffling beside me. I instantly shot up and switched on the lamp beside me. I saw Chris hunched over the couch, his face in his hands and my note in his hands too. I instantly wrapped my arms around him as he rested his head on my chest. I ran my hand through his scalp, a known trick to calm him down.

"Hey, shhh, it's alright" I said rubbing his back.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered and I smiled softly, cupping his cheeks I lifted his face up kissed his forehead and shook my head.

"It's okay. We all have our bad days, and I think I've lost the count to the number of times you slept on the couch or the guest bedroom" I say and he finally chuckles, as I break out in a triumphant grin.

"Now, do you want to talk about it ?" I ask, he nods.

"It's- I auditioned for a new movie and they want me to do an really really intimate scene, that isn't in the script by the way, I tried questioning them but they wouldn't listen" I nodded in understanding.

To say I wasn't jealous would be a lie, but I knew my husband, he's the one I love and have decided to trust for the rest of my life and this is his career after all.

"In all honesty babe, yes I might be a little jealous, but I trust you and I love you, I know you do too. So go ahead and do it. You can't just keep declining roles like this Chris" I say

"I love you too" he says crashing his lips to mine. I wrap my hands around his shoulders, smiling through the kiss.

By now, Dodger and Cooper had woken up too and were giving Chris eyes. I laughed and nudged Chris.

"You better make up with them, I hate my boys all grumpy and sad"

************************************************************************************

FILLER CHAPTER !!