Hold on, I still want you

"Chris I know you're worried about me but you have to go meet your family. Please ?" I ask for the tenth time giving him the best puppy dog eyes. 

I know he's worried, and honestly I am too. But I can't keep on clinging to him. He has to go see his family. After all they too will be seeing him after months.

"What if that pervert comes around when I'm not here ?!" he retorts. Part of me also thought that.

"All the doors and windows are locked. And I won't open the door for anyone until and unless it's you" I say reminding him the whole drill he came up with.

I still hadn't told him about the text I received. He would go completely ballistic. I had texted officer James about it though, and told him to keep it under wraps until the number gets tracked.

I stand up from the kitchen stool and limp over to him. I wrap my hands around his waist. He turns towards me but doesn't meet my gaze. I stand on my tip toes and give him a sweet yet lingering kiss. I feel his grip around my waist tighten.

"I'll be okay. I promise" I whisper against his lips. He sighs and kisses my forehead.

"Okay. I'll be back in a few hours though" he says and I smile.

I walk him to the door and as promised close it as soon as he steps out. I double check everything and then I move back upstairs. I sit on the bed to read (your fav book). Although I had read it, still.

30 minutes into my reading session, there was a huge crash downstairs.

"Fuck" I mutter under my breathe. I quickly close my book and slowly head downstairs. 

I know, I know not the best idea.

I peer over the railing of the staircase to see who it is. But to my dismay the only thing I register is the shattered glass door leading to the backyard and muddy footsteps. I take a deep breathe and reach the base of the stairs. Before I could look around I feel a huge blow on my head and everything blacks out.

~TIME SKIP~

A sharp pain through my body forces my eyes to open. I groan and open my eyes. Instantly my eyes land on a tall figure sitting in front of me, back towards me. He hears  me struggling so he turns.

"Oh sweetie, I thought I hit your head a little too hard. Thank god you're awake" he says.

I blink my eyes a few times and that's when my senses kick in. I was tied to a chair, ropes cutting in to my ankles and wrists. 

"Who are you ?" I snap

"You forgot about me so easily ? I am hurt" he says. I take a good look at him. Then realization hits me like a fucking truck, Cody. His hair longer, messier and a scruffy beard. He looks like he is either drunk or high on drugs or both.

"I see you've recognized me ?" he says

"Cody, what do you want ?!" I yell trying to break free.

"Oh sweetheart, you'll just hurt yourself. Here let me" he says untying me. As soon as he unties my hands and legs, I punch him and probably his nose breaks on the spot.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH !!!" he screams in anger and pain. I quickly run upstairs, him right on my trail. I tumble in my bedroom and lock it behind me.

"OPEN UP YOU LITTLE SLUT !!!" He yells making me shiver as I grab my phone.

I dial Chris's number.

Pick up. Pick up. Pick up.

"Hello ?" he says