Shitty days

Saturday. 1 more day until Chris leaves for shooting.

 So I had somehow managed to get him to spend the whole week with his family on the condition that we would spend the weekend together. Of course I had agreed, as much as I didn't want him to leave, I knew he had to. He loved his job and his career and if I was in his place I would too.

I was getting ready to head to the Café when my phone started ringing. I scurried towards my phone.

" Hey baby" Chris's voice caused an unintentional smile to spread on my face.

" Hey sweetheart" I greet with a little pep in my voice.

"So we still on for meeting at the Café at 8 ?"

" Of Course Chrissy" I say chuckling cause I knew he hated being called 'Chrissy'.

" Ugh Babyyyyy" he whined like a small child. I laughed at his voice.

"Okay, I'll see you later tonight then. Bye ! I love you !" I said

" I love you too ! I can't wait !" he said as we ended our call.

I drove to the Café with Cooper as I sang along to my playlist. Occasionally Cooper would join, howling, making me laugh. I even recorded him and sent a video to my sister and Chris.

" Hey Mellie !" I beamed as I entered the Café and made my way behind the counter.

" Hey Erica !" she greeted. Mellie is like one of my closest friends and honestly she was probably like my other sister.

"So how's life ?" I ask

"Same old. Same old" she replies and I chuckle.

" But I saw you with a certain Captain the other day ?" She questioned wiggling her eyebrows.

"You did ?" I ask innocently as she rolls her eyes. "I did. Now spill." she says

"Okay Okay ! He's......Drum roll please..... my boyfriend !!" I squealed still hung over the fact.

"WHAT!!??" she screamed.

" YES !!!" I squealed as I told her everything. She kept making weird squealing noises throughout my story making me laugh.

" Okay we should calm down, people have started coming" I whisper getting up to greet the early birds.

"I have to meet him." Mellie whispers as she continues making some coffee and I give her a thumbs up and she swoons.

The day went by fairly boringly. Until a certain lady decided to piss me off.

"Hey miss ?!" she screeched

"Yes ma'am. How may I help you ?" I ask although the look on her face clearly told me that shit was about to go down.

"Help ?! You have been sitting here this whole time and none of your employees have come to take my order !!" She yells

"Ma'am unless until there is some urgent reason, you have to give your order on the counter. Our employees will come and give you your order at your table later" I state calmly.

"What a shitty rule" she mumbles. 

Okay this is enough. What is her problem ?!

"Excuse me ? If you have a problem please be my guest and leave. I have no interest in serving customers who don't give a shit about being polite." I say glaring at her.

"Fine" she huffs grabbing her stuff and leaving.

"Sorry for the inconvenience guys !" I apologize to the rest of the customers.

"Honestly I was waiting for someone to do that" A lady speaks up making everyone chuckle.

~ Time Skip ~

It was already 7.45 pm and I was packing up my stuff, waiting for Chris to arrive. I was in the kitchen at the back when I hear some commotion. I came out to see a drunk man with an empty beer bottle in one hand and cigarette in another, causing a scene.

"Oh great. Not again" I sigh

"Sir please calm down. Sir do you need some water ?" I ask keeping my cool.

"No I need you pretty lady" he slurs literally pouncing on me. I quickly back away but he grabs my wrist. For a highly drunk man, his grip was sure strong.

"Alex Call 911 !" I yell to my employee as the guys keeps pulling me towards him.

"Sir please don't make me call the cops on you" I say still trying to free my wrist from his filthy hands.

He grabs my other hand as I scream in fear. I kick him where I knew it would hurt. He growls in anger and pushes me down on the floor. I close my eyes waiting for impact but instead I feel two arms holding me from falling.

"Chris.." I sigh, relieved.

"Did he touch you ?" he growls glaring at the man.

"Chris, it's okay" I whisper not wanting to create a scene.

"Tell me. Did he do that ?" he says holding up my wrists. I hadn't even noticed the blue-black scars that had formed on them. I just nod.

"He's gonna pay for it" he says. I quickly jump in front of him, placing my hand on his chest.

"No, Chris. I've already called the cops, don't do anything stupid in rage" I say.

I look over my shoulder and see Alex trying to hold back the man. Suddenly the man pushes Alex on the ground and pulls me back from my hair. He hits me on the back of my head with his empty beer bottle.

I scream in pain as blood trickles down my neck. Chris punches the man square in the face, he rushes to me as I blink furiously trying hard not to cry.

"Baby, look at me." Chris says cupping my cheeks.

"It hurts" I whisper looking straight into his eyes. Somehow his eyes always manage to calm me down.

"I know, it's okay. Let's go clean that up" he says helping me up. I hear the police come inside but I know Alex and Mellie will handle that.

"Sit" Chris says as I stumble on the nearby chair.

"It's just a little cut. I don't think stitches will be needed" he says examining the bruise.

"Okay Doctor Evans" I chuckle but he gives me the 'really ?' look.

" What ?" I ask

" How are you joking about something so serious ? You could've gotten seriously hurt" he says sadly

"Chris, I am okay. I didn't get hurt. Because you were there" I say giving him a soft smile, holding his hands in mine.

~ Chris's POV ~

"Chris, I am okay. I didn't get hurt. Because you were there"

She holds my hands and smiles softly at me. I sigh. How can she be so optimistic when she almost got her head cut open ?

"Erica... What if I'm not around ?" I say

" But I know you're always going to be by my side, when I need you" she says standing up. She wraps her hands around my neck and snuggles her head in my chest. 

"You sure know how to make a man feel better" I say kissing her.

"What can I say ? I am awesome !" she says giggling. I smile at her goofy behavior.

" Erica promise me that you'll be safe when I go for shooting next week. I can't afford to loose you and I can't see you in pain" I say seriously.

" I promise Evans" she says pecking me on the lips.

" Now do you want to go home or are we spending the weekend here being a sappy couple ?" she asks

"Let's go" I say entwining our fingers.

~ Erica's POV ~

Sure some days can be shitty. But as long as I know that Chris is going to be there by my side at the end of everyday, I know I can handle a thousand shitty days. Just to be in his arms.