Damn it !

~ 1 Week Later~

I was seated on my bed as the TV played in the background, just for some background noise while I worked on my book. I was trying to get most of the proof reading done by midnight as Chris was coming home tomorrow and I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible.

After an hour of reading and correcting a few mistakes I sigh and take off my glasses, and rest my head against the headboard. I close my eyes and take a few deep breathes. 

*Snap* *Click*

I jolt ahead from the sudden noise. I squint my eyes as I see little flash outside my window. I don my robe as I walk towards the window.

"Hello ?" I call out opening the window a little. Cooper starts barking and jumps around the window.

"It's okay Coop, no one is here" I say closing the window but Cooper keeps growling at the window. I try to get him back on the bed but he doesn't budge so I let him be.

I have an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach, as if I knew something was wrong. I shake off the feeling.

Maybe I'm just too excited to see Chris. Yeah. it's definitely that.

I gather all my stuff and just put it in my office and head back to sleep. Honestly, any other day I would sleep like a log, but not today. The uneasy feeling returned and I just kept tossing and turning in my bed. Finally after 2 hours I fell asleep.

*THUD* *KNOCK*

A loud thud and an even louder knock on my door wakes me up. I groan and turn to look at the time - 6.15 am.

"Who's here so early in the morning ?!" I grumble angrily.

I stroll downstairs, and I look like a zombie. I was pretty sure I was going to scare whoever it was on the door. I open the door and see a bouquet of Yellow Roses, my favorite, and a little package wrapped in a cute silver wrapping paper.

'For My Love' 

The card in the bouquet read. I smile, as I realize this was probably Chris's doing. I shake my head smiling as I close the door. I pick up the vase and place the roses in it. I stand there and open the package. I see a bunch of pictures.

Weird. Why is he giving me pictures ?

I open the transparent bag and flip the pictures over. As soon as my eyes land on the pictures, my breathe gets caught in my throat. My hands start shaking as the pictures fall out of my hands. I tumble a little and my hand hits the vase making it fall over and breaking into a million pieces. My brain wasn't able to process anything, I fell on the floor hardly able to breathe. I was barely able to feel the glass cutting through my skin. Physical pain was nothing compared to what I was feeling. 

I see a picture with something engraved on the back. I pick it up with shaking hands.

'Miss me sweetie ?' 

"Cody" I breathe out as tears start rolling down my cheeks. I sob and scream for a few minutes. I realize I need to tell someone about this and I decided to call - Lisa.

The phone rings for a few seconds before she picks up. 

"Hello ?" I couldn't form words and just let out a sob.

"Erica ? Honey everything alright ?" she asks.

"L-Lisa p-please c-c-come h-here. I-I n-need y-you" I say in between sobs.

"Shit, Uh Erica please calm down, I'll be there with Scott ASAP" She says

"O-Ok" I croak and end the call.