You give my life meaning

~Dream/Lucid state~

I walk out of the hospital, beaming with happiness. I stop once I reach my car and pull out the sonogram. I sigh and grin. My baby girl. 

"Mommy can't wait to meet you baby girl" I whisper placing a hand on my swollen belly.

I place the picture back in my file and start driving back home. I turn up the volume of the radio as I sing along to the songs. I stop at a red light. The light turns yellow, I look on my side and in a blink - CRASH !

My car flipped over. I was crushed, I tried un-buckling my seat belt but it was stuck. The air bag had opened making it hard to breathe. I was gasping for air. I could hear people screaming for help. 

"P-Please h-help m-me ....... m-my b-baby" I croak but everything went black.

~End~

"NOOO !!" I scream gasping, arms flailing trying to grab the nearest thing. My vision was still blurry but I could make out four people near me.

"Baby ! Calm down ! You're safe ! It's me, Chris" I focused on Chris's voice, as my vision came back to normal.

"C-Chris, m-m-my b-baby" I cried as he held me into his chest.

"That was 5 years ago sweetheart" he says rubbing my back.

"N-No, h-he did i-it. He crashed in my car that n-night" I manage to blurt out.

"What ?!" Chris and who I assumed was a police officer screeched in unison. 

"Ma'am are you sure ? That case is very old and probably closed due to lack of leads. We read the files, it was ruled out as an accident. The driver of the car was never found." the officer said.

"I am sure. He told me that himself" I say.

"Okay, we need some space here. We have to run a few generic tests. Please wait outside" The doctor chimed in.

"I'll be outside." Chris whispers placing a quick kiss on my forehead. 

I nod as they move out. Now that I had the time to focus on my injuries, I noticed a huge stab wound on my calf muscle and I probably had a broken wrist. That was the least of my concern right now.

How could he go this far ? Did he not have any compassion towards his own child ? I should have noticed sooner, maybe my little girl would be here now. This is all my fault. And now I'm dragging Chris into this mess too. 

I didn't even notice that I was crying. I was shaking violently.

"Ma'am ? Are you okay ? Do you need anything ?" The nurse asked me.

"I-I n-need C-Chris" I whispered. She nodded and left to call Chris. Chris runs straight towards me, as he enters the room.

"Baby, are you okay ? What's wrong ?!" he asks worry dripping in every word.

"This is all my fault Chris. It was my fault that my baby died" I said sobbing into his chest. 

He sighs and sits beside me. I turn away not wanting to look him in the eye.

"Hey, look at me. None of this was or is your fault. Okay ? And I know you're worried that you're dragging me down with you, but you're not okay ? I love you Erica and no matter what I won't ever leave you." he says

I quickly press my lips on his. He immediately kisses back, there was some kind of need and comfort in the kiss. His hands snake around my waist and my hands tug at his hair gently.

"If you two have stopped making out can we come in ?!" Scott's voice made us break the kiss. Both of us shake our heads smiling. Chris gets up to open the door.