Christmas 🎄

~Date : 12th December 2018~

I sat on the bed, turning on my skype, waiting for Chris to call. I had a long week, signing events, charity events, book reads and whatnot. I switched to glasses from my contacts. I furiously rubbed my eyes, just then Chris's name popped up on the screen. I smiled and accepted his call.

"Hey sweetheart" he says

"Hey babe" I say putting my glasses back on. I sigh tiredly as I lay down on the bed, the camera facing me.

"Baby, you okay ?" he asks

"Yeah, just missing you. This house is so bug and empty without you" I answer looking up at the ceiling.

"Well, then this should cheer you up" he says drawing my attention. I turn to face him, a look of confusion on my face.

"What ?" I ask impatiently.

"I'll be home for Christmas !!" he beams and I fall out of the bed in joy. I hear him chuckle as I stand up.

"Really ?!" I ask

"Really" he says smiling widely.

"Oh my god ! This is so exciting !!" I say clasping my hands together.

"But it'll just be a week so unfortunately we won't be able to go to Boston this year, that okay ?" he asks with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"It's okay Chris, I'll find a way to make it up to you" I say and he smirks and then I realize how perverted that sounded.

"Ew ! No you idiot not like that !" I say laughing. He roars with laughter grabbing his left pec, typical.

"Okay so you need to get some sleep dear husband, so I will talk to you later" I say

"Oh c'mon !"

"No no ! Don't argue with me, you have to rest now !"

"Fine" he says huffing like a child. I smile.

"Bye, I love you !" I say

"I love you too !" he beams and we end the call.

Now I know how close Chris is with his family and him not being able to meet them during a holiday might just be the biggest catastrophe, not exaggerating. I think for a few minutes before coming to the conclusion that I was not letting him spend his holidays away from his family, I picked up my laptop and without even blinking booked tickets for Scot, Lisa, Shanna, Carly and their families too and of course my sister's family too. I could do this much for the man who was willing to let go of his time with his family for me. 

I call Shanna and Carly and tell them that their flights were booked for next week and they didn't hesitate, thankfully. They knew this would be the best surprise their brother would get.

I pick up my phone and dial Lisa's number. Now this was going to be one hard talk because I had booked Lisa's and Scott's flight for tomorrow night.

"Hey Erica" Lisa's ever cheerful voice causes a smile to grace my lips.

"Hey Lisa, I need to talk to you. Are you free for a few minutes ?" I ask

"Yeah, sure what's wrong ?" she asks

"Nothing's wrong, I just had to tell you that I had booked a flight for you for tomorrow, for LA. To help me set up everything for my first family Christmas" I say waiting for her to react.

"THAT IS GREAT !" she beams much to my surprise.

"Chris told me how he wouldn't be able to come home for Christmas, so now I know what's happening" she says and I laugh a little.