Chapter 32

I was currently sitting  on the hospital bed with an IV stuck in my hand, a throbbing headache and the constant feeling of fear.

"No but really I thought you were dead" Scott says and I chuckle

"Too keen on killing me aren't you ?" I say shaking my head.

"Where's Chris ?" I ask

"He is coming, it'll take time he was in the city" Mellie says sitting beside me.

Just then the doctor enters with a clipboard and a nurse in tow.

"Am I dying ?" was the first thing I blurted. He laughed and shook his head.

"No, Mrs. Evans no one is dying" he says checking my vitals and IVs.

"I have bad and good news, what should I reveal first"

"I would say bad, so that I can enjoy whatever the good news is" I say as everyone chuckles.

"Okay so regarding your condition, you're very weak considering the situation you're in right now"

"Okay that is confusing, What condition ?" I ask

"You're 8 weeks pregnant, congratulations" he says and I was dumbfounded.

I sat there trying to process everything. I-I was pregnant ? I felt no symptoms though ? Oh my god ! I'm, We're having a baby. M-my baby. Oh my god !

"8-8 weeks ? That's 2 months ! How did I not feel or experience any symptoms ?!" I ask

"Well, this is the case in some women, they don't experience any symptoms at all until the first three months" he says and I nod.

"I'll let you guys settle in" he says walking out.

Scott was the first one to hug me, and then I cried. I sobbed on his shoulder.

"I-I'm P-Pregnant" I whisper as he nods his head furiously. Mellie was crying too.

"Erica ! Oh my god !" she beamed pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

I covered my face and sobbed uncontrollably. I didn't care if the whole ass hospital staff saw me like this. I just found out I was having a baby, after a wait of 9 years. 9 FUCKING YEARS, I'VE WANTED TO GIVE THE MAN I LOVE A FAMILY AND NOW IT WAS FINALLY HAPPENING !

#Chris's POV#

I tried hard not to swerve my car into another vehicles as I sped to the hospital. My nerves skyrocketing like crazy. Since Amelia called and told that Erica had blacked out, all I was thinking was for her to be okay.

"Um-Uh I'm here for Erica Evans" I struggled with my words as I tried catching  my breathe.

"Relation to the patient ?" the nurse asked and I cringed at the word patient.

"I-I'm her husband" I said 

"Floor 2 room no. 309" she said pointing to the elevator.

I nervously tapped my foot, wanting the elevator to go faster than it was going now.

I ran past doctors, nurses and people and stood outside her room, shaking with fear. I pushed open the door and the first thing I saw was her crying into her hands.

"E-Erica ?" I ask out of breathe, she looks up at me with tear stained cheeks and red puffy eyes, which breaks my heart.

"Oh my god Chris" she croaks out jumping into my arms. I kept running a hand through her hair trying to calm her down.

"Please you guys are scaring me ! What happened ?!" I ask trying hard not to burst of anticipation.

Erica pulls me beside her on the bed and takes my hand in hers, she takes a deep breathe before speaking.

"I-I'm P-Pregnant" she says

I wasn't even able to process the information, I kept staring at her with wide eyes and my jaw hanging open. I didn't realize when Scott and Mellie walked out or when I started crying.

"I-I'm g-going to be a d-dad ?" I almost whisper, she engulfs me into a hug nodding furiously. I wrap my arms around her small frame crying into her shoulder.

"How long ?" I ask

"8 weeks" she says

"But you didn't have any symptoms" I state rather than ask

"Yeah, apparently I'm a little weak and considering that the symptoms are bit delayed" she says and I frown a little.

Before I could ask any more questions the doctor walked in smiling widely.

"Good Evening Mr. & Mrs. Evans, I'm your gynecologist, Andrew  Newman." he says and shakes both our hands.

"I came here to talk to you about your pregnancy, and share some important information. We got your files transferred from your previous hospital and as I was going through them for better understanding of my patient. I just want to warn you that this won't be easy Mrs. Evans, you'll have symptoms and all the pains with twice the intensity and generally we've seen that when the woman goes into labor, that proves to be the most difficult situation since your uterus is weak. The survival rate of the mother and the child tumbles a bit but I assure you you're in safe hands and I'll make sure everything works out smoothly. Just feel free to call me or ask me anything, if you feel any discomfort or abnormal pains"

"Okay, thank you so much" she says smiling. The doctor nods and leaves.

"Erica, this-this is scary. He said that the survival rates are-"

"I know babe but this is our chance, and I'm stronger than I look, I'll push through for us" she says grabbing my hand and placing it on her flat belly, for now at least. I pull her in for a deep kiss. 

"I was wondering when all of that unprotected sex was gonna catch up to us"