Peek-a-boo

The past few months with Chris have been absolute joy and happiness. I've never felt so complete in any of my relationships before. I felt as if I didn't need anything else if I had Chris by my side. 

We were just a week and a half away from our one-year anniversary and I was ecstatic. We had already planned a trip to Disney because that's where we first met. Currently we both were playing with the newest member of the family, Grace. Nikki's daughter.

"Where's Gracie ? Where's Gracie ?" I say in a baby voice as I cover my face with her blanket and Chris holds her in his lap. After a few minutes of going over the same thing I decide it's time for a break.

"I think this is the whole reason babies learn to talk. To tell adults how annoying they are" I say walking in the kitchen to grab something to eat. Chris chuckles as he trails in with Grace. I crouch in front of the refrigerator looking for something healthy.

"Looking for something healthy ?" Chris asks towering over me.

What ? How did he get that ?!

"How do you even know that ?!" I exclaim and he just shrugs.

"There's some fruits on the table" he says picking an apple for himself. I smile and follow him outside. And as anyone would've guessed I stubbed my toe on the chair. 

What the actual fuck is wrong with me ?! I should baby proof the house for myself.

"OW SHIT !" I scream taking a seat on the chair. I cover my face with my hands and sigh frustrated. Suddenly I feel a hand lift up my leg.

"Chris oh no no It's okay baby" I say pulling away. 

"You know I'll take a look anyways" he says and I give in. You can never win these arguments with him. After looking at my leg and being satisfied that I hadn't hurt myself too badly we walk and sit on the couch.

"So, what are you going to do while I go shopping with Scott and your mom ?" I ask playing with his fingers.

"Dunno, maybe get a little sleep in" he says and I nod.

.

.

"How bout this one ?" Scott says pointing to a ring in the display.

"Too blingy" I say and he sighs

"It has been an hour Erica...." He whines

"Scott, it's a wedding ring we're looking for. It's serious" Lisa scolds him and I chuckle.

"How about this one ?" I ask pointing to a ring in the far right corner of the display.

"This one looks perfect !" Lisa beams and Scott nods. I sigh contently. I turn to face Lisa and Scott.

"Are you guys positive I should do this ? I mean what if it's too early for him ?" I ask nervously

"Erica, I know my son and there's nothing more he wants than to have a family. And to have that family with you, I think we all will be the lucky ones there" Lisa Says smiling softly.

"Thank you so much Lisa ! This means the world to me" I say hugging her tightly.

"Have you told your sister about this ?" Scott asks

"Of course !" I say in a 'duh' tone.

"So everything is in motion ...yeah ?" Lisa asks and I nod happily.

"I was thinking maybe you could take this ring with you for time being and I'll get it a day before we leave. We're coming over for dinner that day anyways" I say

"No problem" she beams.

I just hope this turns out the way I want it to. GOD !! PLEASE !! SAY !! YES !!

**********************************************************************************

FILLER CHAPTER ! NEXT ONE'S GONNA BE A LONG ONE OR SO I THINK ! :)