Obstacles

I don't know what I was thinking ! I wasn't able to sleep so I decided I should watch a movie and because I was probably on a caffeine high I picked 'The Conjuring' of all the movies. I can watch horror movies but only in broad daylight but now was anything but broad daylight. 

It was 2 in the morning for crying out loud !!

I was wearing my SpongeBob night suit. What ?! It is comfortable okay ?  I know I'm 33 no need to emphasize it everywhere !

 What ?! It is comfortable okay ?  I know I'm 33 no need to emphasize it everywhere !

I was shivering with a beer in hand which was almost half empty. And I was sure that at some point in the movie the bottle was going to crash.

" No No No !! Don't fucking go down there aloneeee !!" I screamed to myself. I was crying now as I buried my face in the cushion beside me. I've never watched a horror movie alone. 

Just as someone knocked on the door in the movie there was a knock on my door. I screamed as the beer flew out of my hand. It crashed right beside the couch. My carpet was safe. Thank the lords !!

" Erica ?! What happened baby ?!" I hear Chris's voice from outside. I tumble towards the door still shaking.

" C-Chris ?" I squeak

" Yeah it's me. Open up" he says calmly. I sigh in relief. I enter the code to my lock. I swing open the door and jump on Chris quite literally.

" Hey hey what happened ?" he asks closing the door behind us.

" Remind me to burn all the horror movie DVDs in this house. And to get this house cleansed !" I exclaim.

 He looks at me confused and I just point at the movie still playing. He bursts out laughing like a maniac. I let go and grab a broom to clean the broken glass.

I clean the glass and I was heading back to the living room when I notice Chris leaning against the wall staring at me with a soft smile.

" What ?" I ask

" You look adorable" he chuckles walking closer. I playfully roll my eyes at him turning around to grab another beer for us. 

I feel his arms wrap around my waist. I turn around and peck his lips as he holds me closer to him.

" I love you" he whispers

" I love you too" I say before kissing him once more.

We go and sit on the couch. I lay on his lap as he strokes my hair.

" I have to tell you something." he says

" Go on" I say

" I have to leave for shooting the new Avengers next week" he says sadly. I look up and see his eyes, little less blue.

I sit up and cup his cheeks. " Chris, what's wrong in that ?" I ask

" I don't want to leave you so early. We just began our relationship and now I have to leave you" he says holding my hands.

" Listen to me Christopher, this isn't the first time you'll be leaving to shoot a movie neither is it the last. This will be our life, and I don't want to be the one to hold you back. You support me in my career, now it's my turn. And I will visit whenever I can. I promise."

He places his hand on my cheek and I lean into his hand. He smiles and kisses my temple.

" It's sexy when you call me Christopher" he says smirking.

" Really ? That's what you were thinking about while I was giving such an amazing speech ?" I ask chuckling.

" Couldn't help it" he says and I puff out a laugh.

" Come on, we need sleep. We both look like zombies" I say pulling him upstairs with me.

" I have my brother in law's clothes here, they'll fir you. Wear them, they're probably more comfortable" I say

" Kay. Where are they ?" he asks

" In that closet" I point

# Chris's POV #

I made my way to the guest bedroom to look for the clothes. I open the closet and look through the t-shirts and sweatpants to find a pair that would fit me. I pull out a pair but a folder falls open on the floor.

" Shit" I mumble crouching down to pick everything up.

As I was picking up the papers I notice a picture. An ultrasound picture. I couldn't help it so I peeked at it. It was a baby. A small baby yet to develop properly. Then it hit me, this is the baby.

I look at the papers. 

Ms. Erica Margaret Taylor. 

Suffers from post partum depression. Has PTSD and Anxiety. 

Panic attacks are common. On medication as per prescription.

Last visit : 2nd April 2017. 

Last month ?

My eyes widen. She never mentioned this. I was about to read further but 

" Chris ? baby what are you-" She stops as she sees the folder in my hands.

" Erica I didn't mean to- it fell out and-"

" You don't have to explain Chris. I should've told you" she says sitting down beside me. I wrap my arm around her shoulders as she rests her head on my shoulder.

" Is that your...?" I trail off as she picks up the picture

" She is" she says smiling as tears roll down her cheeks.

" She's beautiful, just like her mother" I say as I wipe her tears.

I hate seeing her so pained. I was disappointed this happened to such an amazing person. I wished I would've known her before all this. But now I gotta be there for her, she needs me but being the strong woman she is, she would never accept it.

" Chris, I-I cannot forget. This affects my present. I hate putting all this on you" she says hugging me tightly.

" Erica you don't have to forget. You just have to look at the past as a happy memory. I know that's next to impossible but that's what I am here for. You don't have to cry when you remember your little girl. Smile. For her. Wherever she is, she would want you to be happy. She wouldn't want her mommy to be sad because of her, now would she ?"

" What did I do to deserve you ?" She asks looking up at me.

" Probably something amazing" I say in a lighter tone. She giggles.

" There's the smile I love" I say and kiss her head.

" Wanna show me some more pictures ?" I ask. She nods and digs through the bunch of papers to retrieve more pictures.

She was happy. I was content that I made her realize what was right. We look at the pictures for a while and then she pulls me to the bedroom.

She lays on my chest as I stroke her hair.

" I love you Chris. So much" she says 

" I love you too Erica. So much" I say

We both fell asleep in each other's arms. This was something I could get used to. I know we have a lot more obstacles in our way but looking at what we just went through, I know we'll get through the rest too.