Starburst Jellybeans

~Chris's POV~

I opened my eyes as the sun shone brightly, illuminating the room with a calm vibe. I looked down and smiled at the sight. Erica was laying snuggled to me, back towards me. Her brown waves laying on her bare shoulder. I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful features. 

"You know I can feel you staring" she says turning around to face me, eyes still closed, but a smile gracing her lips. I chuckle and kiss her bare collar bone

"Couldn't help it" I say. She opens her eyes and stares at me with a playful smirk.

"You mean my troll hair and morning breath is something you're willingly staring at ?" she asks quirking her brow.

"Yeah, your troll hair looks cute" I say and she giggles.

"At this point you had to say 'No babe you don't have troll hair' but anyways" She replies mimicking a deep voice to match mine. I shake my head smiling, I sink my head a little to peck her lips.

She hums contently wrapping her arms around my neck. I pull her closer to me and close my eyes. 

This is something I could get used to.

*knock*  *knock*

I gently remove my hand from under Erica's head, careful not to wake her up. I open the door slowly and see Jonah standing there. I crouch down to his level.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong ?" I ask

"I think I'm sick. My throat hurts and I feel cold" he says. I smile and pick him up.

"Okay, let's tell you Aunt Erica about this" I say walking inside.

"She will scream freak out. She did that last time I got sick" he says laughing. I chuckle and place him on my side of the bead as I go over to wake Erica up.

"Baby, wake up" I whisper brushing stray strands of hair from her face.

"5 more minutes" she whines burying herself under the covers. Jonah chuckles but erupts into a coughing fit. Erica sits up at the speed of lightning. I've never seen someone wake up so fast.

"Who's sick ?!" she asks frantically searching for her glasses. I smile and place her glasses on her face.

"Jonah ?!" she screeches once her eyes land on the toddler on the bed. She tumbles out of the bed and jogs over to the boy.

"What hurts ?" she asks and he lists all his symptoms like they've done this a million times before. They probably have.

"Babe I'm going to give him his medicine and put him to bed. Do you mind cooking breakfast today ?" she asks.

"No problem. Get well soon Champ !" I say ruffling his hair. 

.

.

I was almost done making breakfast and Erica still hadn't come downstairs. I slowly make my way to Jonah's room and poke my head in. I open the door and lean on the wall, smiling at the sight. Erica held the little boy in her lap and rocked him back and forth, singing softly. He was asleep but I guess she didn't notice.

Just this sight made my heart ache. I could see how good she was with her nephew, heck she was good even with my nieces and nephews. She was a mother, even without a baby. I could see the sadness in her eyes when she saw mothers with their children in parks. And I felt defeated because there was nothing I could do. I always thought that I'll learn how to be a good dad when the time comes

 but her ? 

She was already there.

(A/N : Anyone who got the reference ?)

~Erica's POV~

I look down and notice Jonah was fast asleep. I carefully place him under the covers and stand up from my spot. It's then I notice Chris leaning against the wall, deep in thought.

Wait ! Is he crying ?!

I shuffle closer to him and place my hands on his cheeks. He looks at me and gives me a sad smile.

"Baby what's wrong ?" I ask wiping the tear rolling down his cheek.

"I- nothing" he says walking out of the room. I frown and follow him downstairs. He was about to go and plate our breakfast, when I stand in front of him with arms folded against my chest like an angry mom.

"Chris, I know you better than that. I know something's wrong. Did I do something ?" I ask softening a little bit.

"Yes, you did.-" Wait what did I do ? "Why do you have to be so good with kids ? Why ?! My heart aches because I can't see you like this. Every time you see a mother with her child, I see how your demeanor changes. I promised I will give you everything but I feel like I failed. You're a mother without a baby an-and" he chokes on the lump in his throat.

A single tear falls out of my eye as I exhale a shaky breathe. I lead him to the couch and push him to sit down. I wrap my arms around his neck as I sit on his lap.

"Chris, sweetheart if anything I should be the one saying sorry. I know how much you want a big family. I have seen your interviews, and it pains me that the one thing y-you want so much in life, I won't be able to give you. There's 10% chance, I know. And it scares me, that you'll leave me and I don't want to loose you too. I've already lost enough, and I don't think I'm strong enough anymore." I say and rest my forehead against his.

"Erica, I will never even dream about leaving you. You're it for me. I love you. And what if we can't have a family. We will be one of those couples who adopt 40 cats and names one of them Mr. Whiskers or something" 

I chuckle at his humor. 

"You're it for me too. I love you"

He smiles and leans in to kiss me. I hum contently in the kiss and I feel him smile against my lips.

"Care for breakfast ?" I ask and he nods. I reach the table and notice an empty packet of jellybeans on the table.

"Christopher Robert Evans ! Did you eat jellybeans ? In the morning ?!" I screech

"But they're Starburst !" he whines.

"You and your jellybeans" I mutter.

It was true. He was THE ONE. I know he's going to be the one I marry. And I already have everything planned. Just waiting for the perfect time and perfect place. I will marry you Christopher Robert Evans, soon.