Chapter 11

Songs for this chapter:

•Behind The Wall by Tracy Chapman

•The Outside by Taylor Swift

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gally's POV

I stomp after Mavis after she said I could accompany her while she's hunting, smirking to myself. But I was still fuming with anger at her, even though I'm always angry at her. I mean, who does that girl she think she is, being the center of Alby and the rest of the guys' attention?!

Still, I was pleased that I'd managed to make her let me come with her while she's hunting. It was quite satisfying knowing that I have that kind of ability, but still, that little Shank is annoying as hell. She costs me so much trouble ever since she was brought here by the Box. Why does Newt even like her? Because he's a slinthead. They make a perfect couple, those two.

While we're walking down a path, I study her from the back of her head for a moment, her hips moving from side to side as she walks. Mavis looks a bit less childish from behind, her blonde hair that was in a braid is now down and looks like a golden waterfall when it glows in the sunlight, and her pale skin looks smooth as silk. Even though I looked at her straight in the eye once, I've noticed how blue they were with a hint of grey around the orbs, which actually is a good look for her. Something is strange about that girl. I know that I have seen her before, and I'm gonna find out, sooner or later.

Every time I look at her, her gaze always catches me off guard. It's never fazed me before, not even once, until now. All I feel is the twinge of anxiety right now as I keep thinking about her eyes. Wait a minute.., I quickly shake my head, looking away from her, wondering if I completely lost my mind. Why the hell am I thinking about her eyes, and why am I thinking about her period? Mavis is nothing but a little pest to me.

But, even if she is a little imposter, she's also extremely attractive and a hell of a lot more bitchy then she usually is. Bitchy, but very attractive.

Mavis' POV

Remind me to never let Gally come with me next time. Because he's nothing but a creep, and I'm starting to think that he's watching me intensely from behind, but I shake my head slightly and continue to walk down the path.

As we head down to the small stream where me and Newt were last time, I realize that we have a problem: Gally is loud, like, really loud. He won't stop stomping his feet. I turn and shoot him a dirty look. "What?" He asks. "Can't you be anymore louder? Quit stomping. You'll scare off game." I say. "Really?" He says, his voice full of sarcasm. "Sorry. I didn't know." I roll my eyes and turn away from him, groaning.

So we start up along the path again, but he won't stop. That's when I see a deer. I load my arrow and before I could shoot it, Gally makes an effort to snap a twig under his shoe, scaring the deer and it runs off. "Damn you!" I snap at him as I whip around to face him. "You're doing this on purpose!" "How did you know?" Again with the sarcasm! I glare at him and groan. The hunting trip turns out to be a lazy one, but I shot two squirrels and one rabbit. We walk back to the Glade in silence, until Gally speaks up, "So he doesn't know that I'm out here with you?" I turn to look at him, "What?" "Newt. Your boyfriend." He says, smirking. I almost pass out from what he said and my face turns red. "I do not have a boyfriend!" I snap. "Really? From the way he looks at you...oh forget it! Besides, he's nothing but a shuck face." My jaw drops after he said "shuck face" and I clench my fists so hard that they're turning white. "How dare you say that about him! I don't know when you started this rude attitude of yours," I growl at him, "but you will not use it on him! And that goes for my friends, too!"

"Who? Thomas and Chuck? Those two slintheads?" He sneers. "How adorable. You're just like them, no wonder why you and Thomas are alike." "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shout at him, my anger rising. "And to answer your pathetic question, not everyone here is a stuck-up jerk like you are! So do me a favor and go pick on someone your own size!" Gally's face went completely red with rage in a second, glaring at me with so much fury that if looks could kill, I'd be dead already. "Why you little--" He growls as he grabs my arms and starts shaking me. "Let me go! Ow!" I yelp as he shakes me. "Take it back! Now!" He hisses. "No, it's the truth! Newt!" I yell. "You're afraid of me, I know it!" He yells back. "I am not! Let me go, you're hurting me! HELP!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs, and the next thing I know, Gally is pulled away from me and I'm in Thomas' arms. Standing in front of me is Newt, and he can't stop shouting, "KEEP YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF HER, YOU GIT!!!" "I'm done with you, Greenbean! Along with you!" Gally points at me and Thomas, who yells at Gally to shut up. Gally gives one last huff before walking away, fuming. If he was a cartoon character, steam would be pouring out of his ears.

"Are you okay?" Newt asks me as he turns to me. "Yeah, I'll be okay." I reply and he wraps his arms around me and I bury my face in his chest, wrapping my arms around his back. All of a sudden, I hear thunder rumbling and when we look up, the sky turns grey and I feel a few raindrops on my forehead. We all run to take shelter as the rain starts to downpour. That's when I remember, Alby isn't back yet. I stare out at the open doors, expecting to see two figures running out of the maze, but nothing happens. "They should be back by now." Thomas says next to me. "Yeah. What happens if they don't make it back?" I ask out loud. "They're gonna make it." We turn to Newt, and the dark-haired boy walks over to him. "What happens if they don't?" Thomas asks. Newt looks at him and repeats, "They're gonna make it." I groan lean against a pole. What happens if they don't though?

Once the rain clears up, everything is dripping wet. We all gather and stand in front of the East door. All we hear is the wind blowing. I stand closely by Newt as we all wait for our leader to return. But he doesn't. "Should we send someone after him?" Thomas asks. "It's against the rules. Either they make it back or they don't." Gally explains, and I roll my eyes. "Can't risk anyone else." Newt says and I look up at him. He looks back down at me and his hand holds mine tightly. "They'll be back." He mutters, and I sigh, giving up thinking that Alby and Minho will come back, quite possibly alive. We all stay quiet for another ten seconds, until...

"Look!" Someone points out to the maze, and we all see Minho, carrying something on his back. It's Alby! The doors are about to close, due to the noises from the gears and stuff. Something's wrong. Very wrong! "They're not gonna make it." Newt says, his eyes widening. Everyone starts shouting for Minho to hurry up, but the doors are about to close. Suddenly, I feel numb. I have to go in there! For Alby! He's my friend! But I start to feel sick at the thought, I really don't wanna go in there, the maze. But he's my friend, and I need to do this.

Before I could react, Thomas is running inside the maze. "Thomas!" Me, Chuck, and Newt shout at the same time. The crunching, grinding sound of the doors fills my ears, almost making me deaf.

Be brave. Be brave.......

My fingers slips away from Newt's hand as I run after Thomas. Everyone is screaming my name, but I keep running until I'm standing next to Thomas. I turn around as Newt screams my name, realizing that this was a stupid idea. "No!" I say as I run forward. But it's too late. The doors slams shut and my palms touches the cold stone of the door. Terror soon fills inside me, I'm trapped in here for the night. Newt. Chuck. Everyone outside the door. I'll probably never see them again. I never got the chance to tell Newt my feelings for him.

I turn back to Thomas and he wraps his arms around me, breathing in and out. I look over at Minho and Alby, who is on the ground, not moving at all. "Good job. You just got yourselves killed." Minho finally says.

{Hey guys. Sorry if I haven't been updating in a while. I've been pretty busy with school lately, but now I'm back! So what did you think of this chapter. A little dramatic isn't it? Well that's good. Anyway, what will happen now that Mavis is stuck in the maze?! Just wait and see.!}