Chapter 6

Songs for this chapter:

About The Boy by Little Mix

Kiss The Girl by Ashley Tisdale (Wait and see why.! 😉)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up as the dark blue sky turns into a light bluish color, and I hear birds chirping. My entire body feels heavy, as if someone put weights on me overnight when I was asleep, but I push the sheets off me with my feet, and swing my legs off the mattress. I turn and see the box. Now it's time to see what's inside the box, Mavis. I tell myself, and walk towards it. I notice that there's tape, sealing the top so no one could open it and see what's inside. Grabbing one of my arrows, I use the sharp tip to cut it open. I put the arrow down and open it up. Inside the box is stuff I need while I'm here in the Glade; shirts, jeans, shorts, jackets, sweaters, shoes, socks, toothbrush and toothpaste, an archery kit, pajamas, bras and underwear, deodorant, first aid kit, hairbrush, hair ties and bandanas, shampoo, soap, towels, and washcloths. Well I need the other stuff, maybe I'll give the first aid kit to Clint and Jeff, but what do I need the shampoo, soap, towels, and washcloths for?

That's when I noticed a tub of warm water across from me and this box. Alby and a few guys must've brought this when I was still sleeping. I make myself a mental note to keep the door locked whenever I'm out or about to go to bed.

I walk over and do it, so no one, not even that creep Ben can come in here while I'm taking a bath. I walk back over to the box and pick up the small shampoo bottle. I open the lid and bring it to my nose, inhaling the sweet scent. It smells like apple pomegranate. Then I strip out of my clothes and carefully step in the water. I sigh in pleasure as I slip into the water more, it feels like regular bath water. I scrub off the dirt off with the soap and washcloth, and I shave my legs and underarms with the razor I found in the box. And lastly, I wash my hair with the shampoo. I grab one of the towels from the box and dry myself off as I get out, wrapping it around me under my armpits. After digging through the box for clothes, I put on a white push-up bra and a pair of black boyshorts with lace trimmings, and then I find a light blue knit pullover shirt and dark blue denim shorts, and put them on. Then I put socks on, along with a pair of white canvas sneakers. I put my bracelet back around my wrist. I towel-dry my hair, brushing and yanking out every knot, and put it in a ponytail. I put on deodorant and brush my teeth. I add some lip balm I found in the box to my lips, and it tastes like sweet mint. I pick up my weapons and take a look at myself. I look like what everyone is saying about me, a fresh new Greenie. Even though the name aggravates me, I can't help but smile.

Before I go out, I look down at my right arm and notice a long thin line on it. Raising an eyebrow, I roll up the sleeve, and I almost scream at the sight of the long ugly scar. The slightly deep inflamed red gash ends almost where my wrist is, and I can see a few veins pop out, circling around the scar. Where did I get this? I don't remember seeing it yesterday, or else, I would've known. I walk over to the box and take out the first aid kit, opening the lid and grabbing some bandages. I wrap them around the scar and pull the sleeve of my shirt back down. I hope no one will notice it, my bandaged arm.

The bright sun has gotten up in the blue sky as I walk out of the Homestead. Even though I don't have a watch, it feels like it's already 9:00am. I drop the first aid kit off to
the Med-jacks, and then I go to the kitchen to get something to eat. Frypan gives me a red apple and I thank him before I leave. I take a bite of the apple, and the wonderful taste from the fruit fills my mouth. It's soon gone after a few more bites, and that's when I get an idea; I have a bow and arrow. Wait! Bow and arrow. The woods. That's it! I can hunt, and bring game back to Frypan, since he's the cook here. Yes! That's a great idea. Now I just need to go find Alby and see what he says.