Chapter 18

{Hey guys. So, I've been thinking that this story and Navis need to have a theme song. And I was thinking about the one from the movie, Fifty Shades of Gray,
Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. This song definitely reminds me of Navis. What do you think? Anyway, enjoy Chapter 18.!}

"Who's Alby?" Teresa asks as I get up, giving back the two extra syringes, and keeping the other one in my pocket. "He's the leader here, and my friend who got stung by a Griever. C'mon, let's bring this to Newt." I explain, and she follows me to the Homestead.

Once we get there, I open the door and see Newt, Thomas, and Minho inside, standing next to Alby's bed. Alby won't stop jerking and trashing around, that the Med-jacks had to tie him to the bed. The three boys notice us as Teresa shuts the door. "What's up?" Minho asks. "I think this," I hold the syringe out for everyone to see, "might help cure Alby." Newt looks at me like I'm crazy. "Where did you get this?" He asks, snatching the syringe out of my hand.

"It was with me when I got here." Teresa says, and Newt stares at her, and then gives the syringe back to her. "Which is exactly why we're not using it, because it came from you." He says. I stare at him. "Who knows what that stuff is! It could kill him." "Newt, he's already dying. This might help, if you just please let us use it on him. Please!" I beg to him. He looks away for a moment, thinking. Then he looks at Teresa again, "Fine. But I'm not gonna do it." "I will." Thomas says as he takes the syringe from Teresa's hand, and slowly walks over to the bed. I cautiously stare at him as I stand next to Newt.

Before Thomas could give Alby the stuff, he grabs Thomas by the collar of his shirt and starts yelling, "KILL ME!! KILL ME!!" Thomas tries to pull away but Alby won't let go, so Newt and Minho runs over and tries to get Alby off of Thomas. I back away to the wall, terrified at the moment. Teresa suddenly grabs the syringe out of Thomas's hand and slams the needle into Alby's chest. He stops shouting and lets go of Thomas, becoming unconscious. Holy crap, Teresa. I think, completely stunned as everyone else is right now. "Okay, from now on, someone will be in here to watch over him." Newt declares, and she volunteers to do the first watch. No one argues with her, not even me.

Two seconds later, Gally comes in, "Hey Greenie." He says, and we all look at him. "Sundown. Time to go." Me and Teresa look at Thomas. That's right. I nearly forgot that he was punished, too. Being in the Pit all night, with no food or water. That gives me an idea. As soon as he and Gally leaves, I go out into the cool night to Frypan's kitchen, where Chuck is there already. "Chuck, wanna help me get some food to Thomas?" I ask, and he nods. Of course, he knows that Thomas isn't allowed to have something to eat when he's in the Pit, but he's our friend. And we're gonna do this for him.

We quickly grab some food when Frypan isn't looking or paying attention, and we run out of the kitchen. I go to get some water and we both walk together to the Pit. Gally isn't there anymore when we arrive, and Chuck sets the torch he lit down and we both sit down on the ground. "Hey, guys." Thomas says as he peeks through the caged door. I hand him the food and water and he thanks us and starts eating. For a while, it's silent, and Chuck gets something out from his pocket. "What's that?" I ask. "Something I made the other day." He says. "Can we see it?" Thomas asks, and the young boy hands it over to him. I look closely at it and it's a small carven figure. "This is amazing." Thomas says. "It helps me think of..." Chuck begins, but stops. I look at him. "Helps you think of what?" I ask, but somewhere deep inside me, I know what he's talking about.

"My family." He says, a little sad. My heart starts to break. Ever since I arrived to the Glade, my world completely turned upside down, thinking that I was being punished or something. But right now, after I gotten my memories back, I feel guilty. Because Chuck doesn't remember anything about his parents. And who's to blame for all of this? The Creators! They ripped love out from our lives and sent us to a fucking maze! Now I really do want revenge.