Chapter 21

{For this chapter, I recommend you guys to listen to "Secrets" by OneRepublic. Enjoy :).!}

Newt's POV

For the first time in three years of being trapped in this place, I've never been so happy in my life. I am finally dating the girl of my dreams. I wake up the next morning with Mavis's head lying on my chest and my arms wrapped around her, protecting her. I crack a smile as I softly stroke her hair, strands of blonde falling down her shoulder slowly. I use my other hand to rub my eyes and memories of last night comes back, and I can't help but smile. Last night was so beautiful, it almost felt like I was dreaming, but it wasn't a dream. It was real. We did something so beautiful that's been in human nature for a long time. I keep grinning like a madman, not long until I hear someone knocking on the door.

I try my best to carefully place Mavis's head on the pillows, and when I do, she starts to move a little. Thinking that she might wake up, I look at the door and back at her, and she rolls over to her side, still asleep. I sigh as I cover her up with the sheets and plant a small kiss on her head.

I get up and walk over to the door, which keeps knocking repeatedly. "Alright, alright, I'm coming. Don't get your panties in a bunch." I groan as I unlock the door and open it to see Minho standing there. "What do you want?" I ask. "Good morning to you, too, sunshine." He rolls his eyes at me. I've learned in the past of how to ignore Minho's sarcastic remarks, but it's still so annoying, especially when he doesn't shut up. "Is she up yet?" I block his view so he doesn't see Mavis. "She will be." I say with a yawn, rubbing my eyes. Bloody hell, I almost forgot that today is her and Tommy's first day as Runners. I really don't want Mavis to go back out there. I'm not gonna lose her again.

"Well tell her to shuck it and let's go. Don't wanna be late on the first day." Minho says, and I nod as I roll my eyes. "Newt?" I hear her soft voice behind me, and I slam the door in Minho's face and turn to her, smiling.

Mavis' POV

I wake up the next day and reach over to my side, expecting to feel Newt's warm skin, but instead, I feel the cold canvas of the sheets. Then I hear voices. It sounds like Newt. And Minho. "Newt?" I softly call out as I see him standing in the doorway, and he slams it shut. He smiles as he walks over to me and I prop myself up on my elbows. "Good morning, love." He says, and gives me a kiss. "Sleep well?" "Yeah. You?" I ask, and he nods.

I groan a bit as I sit up a little. My legs still kind of hurt from last night. Last night. I giggle and blush from the events as they start to play in my head. I carefully get out of bed and pick up my bra, strapping it on and stretch my arms out. "Was that Minho you were talking to?" I ask. "Yeah." Newt says. That's when I remember, today's my first day as a Runner!

I walk over to the box that has my things inside, but before I opened it, I caught my reflection in the mirror across from the bed, and I almost have a heart attack. It's clearly visible; the reddish mark on my neck. And all over my collarbones and right shoulder blade. I run my fingers over the sensitive marks. Not only do I have a massive hickey on my neck, but everywhere near my chest. I see Newt coming up behind me and I also see the same mark on his neck. "Oh, God." I say, frowning a little. How the hell am I supposed to hide these?

"Guess we were in "the moment", weren't we?" He says, and I shrug. My eyes dart back to the box and I walk over to it, opening it up and take out a light blue hoodie and skinny jeans. As I get dressed, Newt puts on the jeans from last night, since they're not really dirty, and puts on a white t-shirt. I saw a few red lines on his back and I gasp, realizing that my fingernails were scratching his back last night, too. He notices me looking at his back, and when he looks in the mirror and sees the marks, his eyes widen. "Newt, baby, I am so sorry." I say, my voice barely audible.