Chapter 20

{Warning: This chapter contains sexual content. Viewer discretion is advised.}

Newt and I walk back to the Glade after two hours of making out in silence, but we're both grinning. I sneak a glance at him every ten seconds, but I look away when he catches me staring at him.

The kiss...I can't describe it in words, but it was the most amazing experience in my entire life. Our kiss wasn't like the kind you see in movies or read about in books, this kiss was...different, somehow. It was full of emotion, like we were communicating through it, and it was also full of lust. If I was speaking to him while we were doing it, I would have been telling Newt that he's everything to me. That I would give up my whole world for him, and I would sacrifice anything to be with him for the rest of my life. That I need him. That I love him.

We arrive at the showers after we stop by at the hut to get clean clothes, and we both choose separate stalls at each end. I place my dirty clothes on a small rack that's in the shower stall and pull the curtain close, stripping out of Newt's wet shirt and my wet undergarments. The water takes a while to get warm, and once it does, I wash my hair and shave my legs, washing my body off afterwards. I turn the water off after I get down and wrap the towel around me. I dry off in the stall and put a clean bra and underwear on. I dry my hair a bit before throwing my gray long sleeved fleece hoodie sweatshirt on over my head.

I still hear water running from Newt's stall, and I walk over to the sinks to brush my teeth. Slowly, I start to feel the fire coming back in my body, and I don't know why. When I'm done, I call out to Newt to see if I should wait for him, but he says that I can go back to the hut if I like. Since I'm planning on sleeping in just my panties, bra, and sweatshirt, I wrap the towel around my waist and put my shoes on, running out into the cool night. Even though it is late, I still don't want anybody to see me.

Once I get back to the hut, I close the door behind me, grab my hairbrush, and sit on the bed. As I brush my hair out into a smooth, silky form, the door opens and Newt walks in, only wearing jeans. I bite the inside of my cheek as I stare at him. He shuts the door and locks it before joining me on the bed. "Did you like it? Our..." He trails off. "Our date? Yeah," I fill in, blushing and grinning. He blushes and his crooked smile causes me to blush more. "It was the best night ever, Newt. Thank you."

"My pleasure, sweetheart." He whispers. Leaning in a bit further, he gently kisses my cheek before moving his lips to my mouth. He sneaks his arm around my waist and brings me closer to him, giving my hip a gentle squeeze, and I moan against his mouth. We pull away for a moment and his eyes are turning dark again. Is this really happening? Am I even ready for this?

"What's wrong?" He asks, his voice low and husky again. "Nothing. Well...., aren't we a little young for this?" I play with a strand of my hair with my fingers. It's the truth. We're both sixteen, and.... Well, I really want to, and I want Newt to be my first, and of course he will be. "I understand. It's okay for my girlfriend to be nervous. I am, too." He says, rubbing my back. My face heats up more when he called me his "girlfriend". Oh my god, I nearly almost freak out when I keep thinking about it. I'm his girlfriend, and he's my boyfriend.

"Okay, I guess I am a little ready." I say with honesty. I am a bit ready to give up my virginity, but I've been told what it's like, though. My mother taught me how I should wait until marriage, and that I don't end up like she and dad did when they had me. They were both eighteen when my mom found out she was pregnant with me. They both graduated from high school, but never made it to college. I promised myself that will never happen to me, but here I am right now, with Newt, quite possibly about to have sex with him.

"Are you sure, love?" He asks, and I slowly nod, gulping. I start to relax a little as the fire starts igniting again. This time, with passion and lust. I wrap my arms around his neck and my fingers run through his hair, getting tangled with every piece of his blonde hair. The way his lips are parting slowly makes me want to kiss him over again. And I do.