Chapter 5

Newt's POV

As I shut the door behind me, I lean my back against it and slide down until my bottom hits the ground, sighing. In spite of what just happened with Gally and Mavis earlier, and the fact that what just happened between me and her, I suddenly feel all tingly, warm, and happy inside. So happy that I can't seem to get rid of this stupid, embarrassing blush from my face.

To tell you the truth, I find Mavis incredibly gorgeous. Her long blonde braid, how it hangs over her shoulder and how the sun reflects a bit of gold off it. Her soft pale skin, how it felt like silk. The way she blushes. Her laugh. Her smile, how her pearly white teeth shine. Her blue eyes, I noticed that they were kind of tinted with a bit of grey around the orbs. But they truly do sparkle when we make eye contact. Most of the lads here probably didn't notice the strange shade of color in her eyes, but I did.

When I was in there with her, at that moment, I noticed that she was staring at me intensely when our hands touched as we were about to pick up her bracelet. It was kind of clear that she was thinking about me, as I was doing the same about her. Time froze that moment as we stared at each other, the sparks lit up inside me and it was like I couldn't breathe. But I really did mean it when I promised her that I would never let her go. I would never hurt her, ever!

"She's so beautiful." I say to myself, and I'm surprised at the huskiness in my tone of voice. What the bloody hell is happening to me? Is it possible that....I'm falling in love for the first time? I close my eyes and I can't seem to get this stupid, cheesy grin off my face.

Unknown POV

I watch Newt use the door at the Homestead to push him up and off the ground, and he walks away, grinning like a stupid idiot he already is. He thinks that he's alone, though he doesn't see me hiding behind a tree, watching him.

I look back at his grin, and I could tell by the slightest smirk forming on his lips that he was probably flirting with Mavis. That shank was flirting with MY Mavis! I will have my revenge on him, somehow. That girl is mine, and mine only!

I smirk to myself as I walk away. My eyes darkened as I observed the area around me to make sure no one was watching, especially people like that stupid little shank, Chuck, and that air headed Greenie, Thomas. No one was watching. Good. Better watch out, Newt, because I have a few tricks up my sleeve, and I saw the girl first!

Mavis' POV

"WICKED is good." The unfamiliar woman's voice is back in my dreams, and I could see dark blue and white, all in a blur. "Mavis. Mavis." Another voice says, and it's not the woman. It's a girl. Her voice, it sounds so familiar, but I don't know where I heard it from or who it's from. "Can you hear me?" The voice asks. What's going on? I see the needle from my other dream from today comes back and a figure puts it in my arm. What is that?! "Mavis, my dear, everything is going to change. Meet Thomas when you see him. He might tell you everything." The woman told me. Told me? Have I seen her before? I have to wake up!

Wake up.

Wake up!

But I don't wake up. When I squeeze my eyes shut, and open them again, I'm no longer in that strange place. I'm in the woods. When I get up from the green ground, I look down and see that I'm wearing a short white crochet dress with a yellow belt wrapped around my waist and a pair of white ballet flats. The braid is gone and my hair is down and wavy, almost curly. I look down and see that my nails are painted the same color as the belt, and my bracelet is still there. A small gold white/black enamel rose necklace hangs from my neck. The sun in the blue sky is bright and I can hear birds chirping and the wind blowing gently. I look around at the trees. Quiet. Where's the Glade? Where's the walls? Where is everybody?