Chapter 19

Songs for this chapter:

•Every Time We Touch by Cascada

•Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran

•Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer
(Me and my mom's favorite song.! 😊)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{I'll be publishing a Polyvore set of what Mavis is wearing in this chapter after I'm done with this. Anyway, enjoy.! 😉}

A quick rush of heat flashes across my skin as I go to the hut and grab my shampoo bottle, toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, hairbrush, and other shower shit. Once I shut the door behind me, I walk over to where the showers are and close and lock the door behind me. The showers are basically like the kinds you see in a community center when you're going to the pool, except there's no lockers, only stalls, showers, sinks, and a place where they keep the towels.

I walk in front of a mirror and take deep breaths, and there's a knock on the door. "Umm, occupied." I call out to whoever's out there. "It's me. Can I come in?" It's Teresa. "Oh. Yeah, come in." I say and I hear the door open and close, and I stare at Teresa's reflection in the mirror, and then look back at mine. "Getting ready for your date with that blonde guy?" She asks, smiling at me. I blush as I reply, "Yeah, and his name is Newt." She nods and I start digging through my stuff and decide to use which one first.

"You okay?" Teresa asks. "Just a little nervous. It's my first date, I think." I turn to her. "No one asked me out when we were still in school, did they?" She shrugs, "No?" I sigh and turn back to the sink and turn it on, splashing warm water on my face and arms. "Want any help?" She asks as I grab my brush and take my braid out, yanking out every snarl from the back of my neck. "Please." I say, once my hair is smoothed out. Teresa smiles and starts helping me get ready. She washes my hair over the sink, and once the shampoo is rinsed out from my hair, she towel-dries my hair and brushes it again. I decide to leave it down this time.

Next, I brush my teeth multiple times, and take a look at my reflection in the mirror. Staring back at me is a
16-year-old girl with my blue-grey eyes and long blonde hair. She's wearing a plaid button-down shirt, dark vintage ripped-knee jeggings, and my bracelet. She is me. But a little different....

For starters, my hair is no longer in a braid, and I like how it is, now that it is down. I like the way it's flowing down my back and shoulders, like a golden rainbow, and it looks much more thinner and fine. But I look a little feverish. My body remains how it is, my legs long and slender, long torso, my long arms, curved hips, beautiful facial features - I really do look like my mom -, and small breasts.

I start to tremble a bit, my breathing accelerating by the second. Not that I'm only freaking out because this is my first date with Newt, but I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do, and how the night's gonna end like. But this is Newt I'm talking about here.

"Done checking yourself out?" Teresa asks as I add some more deodorant that I brought along with me. "Kind of." I reply, grinning like an idiot. "Ah. Cute outfit, though." She chuckles. I thank her and strike a pose, putting both of my hands on my hips and popping my right hip out. "You work it, girl." She teases, and we both start laughing.

When we finally calm down, I get ready to go back outside. "Well I better go check on Alby." Teresa says, and we both say goodbye. "Have fun and good luck on your date." She grins at me before turning around and start walking to the Homestead. "Thanks!" I call out to her. I walk back to the hut to drop my stuff off and then wait in the back for Newt to show up. Everything looked blue-and-black with a hint of the full moon's white light, the woods are pitched black, a bit leached from the moon. The warm wind blows in my hair and sigh, taking in the peaceful, quiet night.