Chapter 27

{Hey, guys. I was wondering that if that you all can help me. I want to spread the word out about this story and I was thinking, can you help? I'll be posting a picture of Mavis and Newt on Polyvore and if you guys have an Instagram
and/or Twitter, you can spread the word on that. When/if you do, just send me a DM on here or Twitter and my username is @Kelsey07396308. Thanks, and remember, Navis is good (Like that little thing I just did right there? 😂)}

Thomas and Minho leads us all through the Maze, through corridors and turning here and there, while me and Newt stay behind the group. I'm helping him since his limp is noticeable now, and we're both grasping our hands together. I wince a little as I start to have a mini headache, but he doesn't hear me. I really don't want all of us to stop for me to throw up again, but somehow, it doesn't come as I thought it would.

We finally stop at a corner, and Thomas tells us to be quiet before poking his head around the wall. I do the same and see what lies ahead of us; a Griever. We look at each other and back at the group. "Is there a Griever?" Chuck asks with fear in his eyes. I nod as Thomas says, "Yeah. All right, guys, we can do this. We stay close, we stick together, we get through this. We get out now, or we die trying." I look at everyone as they stare at Thomas, and they all nod, including me.

"Okay, Chuck, here," I take the tracking device out of my backpack and give it to him. "Teresa, I want you to stick with Chuck and you two will get this to the door." Thomas says, and Teresa nods. Minho whips out his sword, "So stay safe. Don't die. And it was great knowing you all." "Thanks, we're all bloody inspired." Newt says, and I chuckle. "Ready, Mavis?" Minho asks me. "Ready as I'll ever be." I respond with a small shrug. I grab Newt's hand and take the lead, my heart is pounding so loud that I can hear it through my ears. "It'll be all right. Don't worry about me or anything. You're strong and fearless." He whispers in my ear, softly stroking my braid. Unfortunately, I do have to worry about him, but I keep quiet about it and nod. Deep down, he must know that I'm not going to lose him.

"Okay," I turn to everyone, "Let's go beat some.., Griever ass!" I yell the last words and we all run around the corner, yelling and charging towards the Griever. It notices us and it roars as it comes charging for us. Our weapons rising in the air as we get closer to the beast and it becomes a battle. The air is filled with screams, roars of machinery, and shrieks from the Griever. I look over at Chuck and see him running for the device, which its close to the edge. "Chuck!" Me and Teresa say in unison as we run to him just as he was about to fall and we catch him. I hear more clicking sounds, and when I look down at the cliff, more Grievers are coming. So that's where they hide. I think.

"Pull me up!" Chuck shrieks and we pull him up. "Get him over to the door." I tell my best friend. Teresa nods and she and Chuck go over to the door, while I get back to the fight. It's now becoming a bloodbath. One Griever comes down on Minho and he's trying to get it off him. Just as I am about to save him, Jeff starts stabbing it until it releases Minho. But I'm too late to save Jeff as he screams when the Griever takes him away. "Jeff!" Clint yells, and I want to scream, but my throat is so dry. I just lost another friend.

"Thomas, the Maze is a code! What is it?" Teresa screams. "Mavis, do you know?" He asks me. "No!" I shout. "Minho, what's the code?" The Keeper of the Runners starts shouting the numbers while he's fighting a Griever. "Mavis, stare at them! Now!" Newt screams. I take a deep breath, and then slowly walk over to one, and when I look up at it, it starts screeching and rolling over until it stops moving. The same happens to nine more. One of the claws dig into my skin on my arm and I pull away. I look down at the bleeding scar and pretty soon, tears fall down my face. "Mavis," Newt runs/limps over to me, and just when he looks at the scratch, the tears fall on it, making it disappear. Just like my scar and bump from last week.